iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to buy parts for Ford industrial engine?

Started by scsmith42, March 06, 2017, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

I have a 1995 JLG manlift with a Ford LSG 423 industrial motor.  This is a 4 cylinder dual fuel (gasoline and propane) engine.  Mine is a factory reman with .020 over cylinders; the engine had been getting weak and when one of the hydraulic lash adjusters went bad I opted to remove the engine in order to freshen it up.

However, I'm having the dickens of a time finding a parts source for it.  My local auto parts houses are not able to look up anything to do with a Ford industrial motor, and I hate to pay the "hate your guts prices" at the local Ford dealerships.

I need to source some cam bearings, .020 over rings, a full gasket set, valve seals, full set of  hydraulic lash adjusters, etc.  The crank bearings look pretty good and I'm leaning towards reusing them.

Does anybody have any good sources for high quality parts are reasonable prices?

Thanks.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

North River Energy

Gearbox

Find a parts house that can still read a book not use a keyboard . NAPA independent maybe .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!