iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unexpected christmas vacation

Started by Danny_S, December 08, 2004, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

Well you know how stupid stuff happens... "I'll hold that pin and you whack it with that sledge"... Bang.. Bang..Bang... BaTHUG!   :o

Cost me 1/4 of a digit. 6 weeks work.

I will be around the forum for a while. And excuse any misspelling that may occur, the K - I and , key finger is out of commision....  ::)
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Jeff

That hurts.  I smashed my hand last winter and I was swinging my own hammer.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

It's even worse when ya does it yerself.  ;D ;)

Jeff that reminds me of when my brother was about 6 years old and he wanted to help grandfather board up the wagon shed. Grandfather's brother took the hammer away from my brother. Brother goes to the house and tells grandmother and he comes back and says 'grammy says I can have that hammer when ever I want it'. So he gets the hammer and starts to nail a board on the shed and Wack! He mashed his finger and started the beller as if he's been shot or something and runs to the house never to come back. That was better than fuss'n over the hammer. :D :D

That's gotta be the worst kinda accident when ya mash a digit on a hand or foot.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

There is usually a short learning curve to stuff like that.

:D :D :D :D

VA-Sawyer

Tom,
That appears to be you doing the swinging, does that mean you are smart enough not to hold ?   :D  :D
VA-Sawyer

Jeff

Tom, you found the photo, did you find the thread? :)

Tom

Ed_K

6 yrs ago I was trying to split some 4' logs that I coundn't pick up. I was using a steel wedge and 6 lb maul. Well the wedge fell away after the 2nd hit. The left thumb was the only thing there when the maul hit. It still hurts to bend it to this day OUCH.
Ed
Ed K

Danny_S

Tom, That was pretty near the exact picture.. except the fella that was swingin' the maul was... ahh nevermind. ;) Anyways, it is just a common thing that people do, but went wrong I guess.

Bruce_A

That picture looks like the mallis going to split the wedge.

DanG

You'd think Charlie woulda learned by now. ??? ::)  Look how short his fingers are. :D :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Oops! I got so carried away crackin' on the Cadenhead boys, I plum forgot my manners. :-[

Danny, I hate to hear about that right here at Christmas.  Woodna been so bad in July or August when the weather is better, eh.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Oh yeah!  I guess I better say something positive about it too.   EEEEEE-E--E---E-O-oow-w-w-ww-!

The only thing the doctor told me to do when I was attacked by a 10" unisaw was "keep your hand over your head".

Paschale

In the olden days, in the copper mines up in the U.P.'s Keweenaw Peninsula, they'd be swinging sledges against a borer that one guy would hold up against the stone.  One slow process!  And this was done by candle light.  Sometimes, the candles would go out, and because matches were so expensive, or they got wet, the guys would actually hammer in the dark.  I've heard this from several sources, on tours, and in books.  It had something to do with the way the guys were paid, and if they took the time to go track down another group of workers with a candle, somehow, it would really slow 'em down.  I don't understand it, really...but they apparently did do that kind of mining in the pitch black.  I'd hate to have been the guy holding the borer!   :o

When you hear that sort of stuff, it sure makes you grateful for the life all of us have!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

GF

I smashed my finger once with a hammer, just a little later smashed it again, heck after the second time it was numb and didnt hurt no more  :D :D  then I was able to finish my work.

Jeff

KENROD

Sorry to hear about your finger. :'(

I,ve learned my lesson already, I don't hold fer nobody but myself. Then again that doesn't always help either. ::)

GF I though it went if ya hit yer finger, drop suptin heavy on yer foot to make yer finger quit hurt'n. Never tryed yer way. ??? :P ???

Danny_S

That's what happened to me, I went to the hospital with a finger all mooshed, and the nurse gives me an antibiotic shot in the hip......   :o  wasnt long forgetting about the finger for a few minutes...  then the morphene came and I forgot about both parts after that.... :D

slowzuki

Sorry to here that Danny!  I hope it recovers well, I'm sure your lil' girl will love having you home all the holidays! (Yer wife may not though if she's like my girlfriend ;D)

james

big bro holding post to little bro holding post mall "when i nod my head HIT IT " :o :o

Thank You Sponsors!