iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

50 Years Worth of Mud

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 04, 2017, 07:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I am in the process of cleaning out our block building that my sawing shed is attached to.
I plan to use the cleaned out rooms for storing table slabs and unique looking slabs and mantels.

I have removed 50 years of old cattle medicine, branding irons, dehorning equipment etc.

I removed the old porcelain sink today and was surprised to see 50 years of Dirt Dobber Motels.
I have found these nest in just about everything I have moved out.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

David,
Check any electric motors, outboard motor telltale holes, and anything else you haven't used in a day or two. It don't take them long!       Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Some type of wasp was putting mud in the mills key starter
I finialy gave up and leave the key in it
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Must be a Thomas thing.  :)  They did the same to me and I leave the key in now too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Went to use my Paslode framing nailer to build my firewood pallets and there was one of the buggers plugs in the air hole.
Glad i checked.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Underneath that sink reminds me of what underneath our school desks looked like with the gum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

You need a vacation, room and board here for you. All you need to do is bring the sink it will be a nice peice for the house in the making...  ;D   :)  Oh.... a branding iron would look really cool one of the dove tail corners... just saying  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kbeitz

I had 50 new hydraulic hoses hanging in the barn.
I got a nest in each one. What a pain.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

YellowHammer

Dirt dobbers are a pain, but they are some spider killing machines.  I don't mind them around, as long as they don't get in my tools and stuff.  Every cell in a nest is a spider killed. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Kbeitz

I watched a video where a Dirt dobber took down a 757 airplane.
I guess they got into the air flow gauge and messed up the computer
readings. All was lost no survivors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48tNDmDDfOw
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WOW! Never thought of something this tragic caused by Dirt Dobbers.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WH_Conley

For your air tools get a package of the plastic Golf Tee's. When not in use stick a Tee in the hose connection. I use Plastic, afraid wood will soak up some oil and give problems getting them out.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!