iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm pretty stupid.

Started by Den Socling, March 04, 2017, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I was reading a news article about the dairy association being upset by the use of the word "milk" by companies selling almond "milk", soy "milk", etc. The story mentioned chicken wyngz. I had to Google that to find out what w y n g z stood for.  :D

Texas Ranger

Welcome to the new world language, I, too, must be pretty stupid, I have to stop and figure out some of the stuff on the web. >:(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

21incher

When you kill all the chickens and only get 2 wings from each one, you have to make something from the leftovers. My grand kids think they are real chicken wings. ::)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

Den,

Eye never realized how hard the English language was until wee got hour first foreign exchange student. Thin aye began two sea how many of hour words sound thee same butt are spelled differently and have different meanings. Ewe half too reed thee word inn a sentence sometimes two actually figure out watt thee person was trying two say.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Den Socling

sawguy21

I had to go over that twice, it looked like 17th century prose. :D We watch the news to see what your fearless leader is up to and learn new words like 'recuse' every day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

petefrom bearswamp

:D :D
The plural of mouse is mice, louse is lice, why isnt the plural of house hice?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ox

:D
Hey, did you see all the meese in the field yesterday?
When you see two Lexus cars did you see some Lexi?
I bet if all the fellers on here put their heads together this one can go on forever...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Don P

I'm wading through a 1700's book that has the f's for s's, most of the time, but they still use the s too  ???. I end up reading twice then my train leaves the track and I gotta go over it from the start again.

When my folks were in the peace corps in Moldova around the turn of the century the locals referred to our aid as "bush legs". Seems we have an oversupply of drumsticks after we take the wings and breasts and we send them to folks who have no reliable electricity  ::)

petefrom bearswamp

Im so old and forgetful, I thought of the turn of the century as 1899-1900
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sawguy21

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on March 05, 2017, 08:57:17 AM
:D :D
The plural of mouse is mice, louse is lice, why isnt the plural of house hice?
That is what the nor' easters chop out of the lake and put in hice houses. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ox

Are these the same ones who pronounce the letter h as "haich" and not "aich"?
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

WV Sawmiller

Ox,

That sounds like Brits to me. And that may actually only include certain parts of London or such.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

I've heard it around here somewhere before.  I think a few old timers used to say haich for the letter h.  I remember thinking it was weird but didn't say nothing cause of respect for the old timers, you know?
You mentioned british and it really does seem like they would be that way.
Kinda like how I say wite for white and my uncle and father say hwite with a loud h.  Beats me.  I think it's more of a schoolteacher thing.  My family might have been taught the wh is to be pronounced like "who" at all times.  Nobody said it that way when I went to school.  Who's right?  Who's wrong?  Nobody in my book because, after all, it's communication, right?  As long as we get our point across it's okay, right?  :D

Den Socling

When something is put in the ground, it is buried. With "bur" pronounced like burr. But it seems like everybody in the world except me says "berried" as in raspberry. I've never understood that one.

Ox

berried for buried here as well!  how do you say married?  murried?  ;) ;D

WV Sawmiller

Yeah - well try to explain to a non native English speaker that a blackberry is green when it is red.
Howard Green

Ox

Magicman

Oh look, everyone is marching out of step except my son!!   :o   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

How did we ever learn verbal communication?   :D

DelawhereJoe

You know whats funny, people as a whole could always talk before they could write, both in history and in age. It wasn't writing on cave walls but paintings because a picture is worth a +/-1000 words.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ox

Hear hear!   smiley_clapping

DelawhereJoe

Please take some aspirin, advil or Tylenol first before going here it will probably make your head hurt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Den Socling

Ox

Dear God.  After reading that, I'm left wondering to myself:  did I just reach the end of the internet?  :o

Thank You Sponsors!