iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went to WM today.

Started by Gundog, March 01, 2017, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundog

I made it to WM in OR today it is only 30 minutes or so from my place. They had an LT15Wide put together from a show and I wanted to look at it. I believe if I buy one this is the one I am getting. I want a saw that can cut a wide slab with. I plan to use the saw for cutting slabs for making signs and custom tables. I have a CNC router and plan to carve custom signs and tables with wildlife themes Elk, Deer, Salmon etc. I will cut some lumber for myself but have no plans on cutting for others, I might if requested but it is not work I will seek out. I am going to add power feed but otherwise a stock LT15 Wide. It was real tempting to bring one home with me right then but I need to get the War Dept to sign off first. I am real busy right now with my main business so it will be a month or two before I make the plunge. I have an old travel trailer I got for free off CL I was going to build a mill on but I think I am going to for go the build and just buy one but I plan to make it moveable by mounting it on the TT frame.

I have a forklift for moving logs and other support equipment already I just don't have a mill.

Upper

If it is available,do yourself a favor and get the trailer package.Really
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Gundog

Quote from: Upper on March 01, 2017, 10:58:22 PM
If it is available,do yourself a favor and get the trailer package.Really

They don't offer the LT15 Wide with a trailer package or I would so since I have the junker TT that is what I plan to use.

Thank You Sponsors!