iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this?

Started by DR_Buck, February 28, 2017, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

i can read the first line on the label that says "this device was designed."  If I can read that much from here and from a picture, it doesn't seem it would take more than a magnifying glass to finish the answer to your question. 

Say when

Woodhauler

After looking at it again, I would say it was a thing to load powder into primers for rifle or shotgun shells, it shows no signs of blowing up.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

kensfarm

Like woodhauler said.. old cartridge/primer reloader?  Hit the padded side w/ your hand. 

loggah

I really don't know what it is !!!!! but im pretty sure its not a reloader,i do have a bunch of antique reloaders and this dont fill the bill. It is some sort of noise maker maybe  for initiation purposes for college frat houses or something. There is a reason its a padded paddle  ??? ???
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

DelawhereJoe

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 02, 2017, 07:47:03 PM
It reminds me of a"slapstick", only with a lot more slap. It's obviously designed to be swung against something to get it to fire the blank, but it's padded so as to not damage whatever you are hitting. The only result would be a loud bang.
I have to agree with you, I consulted with a man who knows everything, then googled antique vaudeville slapsticks and found one very similar.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

DelawhereJoe

Jeff

I THINK YOU GOT IT!!  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Andries

Who knew?
They needed "Goat Spankers" way back then too.
some things just don't change . . .
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

PC-Urban-Sawyer

After all, why do you think they call it slapstick comedy?

Herb

DR_Buck

8)   8)   8) 

This is great news.  I'm going to print the catalog pages for my friend that owns the device in the original post photos.

I knew the FF would come through.  I just didn't expect  it to take this long. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dave Shepard

I gave you a hint on March 2. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DelawhereJoe

I don't think many people that use this forum were even alive when they used them. I had to consult a man much older them me who just happens to know just about everything or knows someone that does.

Thank You Sponsors!