iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

you won't take your eyes off this video

Started by Den Socling, February 13, 2017, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wesdor

I remember watching it in horror when it aired on the network news.  Pretty amazing.

Roxie

I was holding my breath, like that would help.   :o :o
Say when

Jeff

I'd say that guy lived because he stayed calm.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Den Socling

That's exactly what I thought. He had ice in his veins! And some darn good luck.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Den Socling

My hat is off to these firemen. I never had the courage to get myself into a situation like that!

Den Socling

Here's another.
https://www.facebook.com/mevlana/videos/10154734682453185/
If you have never tried to walk through fast moving water over rocks, believe me. It's hard to do. And low-head dams are killers. After the water goes over, it rolls back in what is called "a washing machine". You can keep churning long after you have drowned. But watch this rescue.

Kbeitz

Great video... I spend a lot of time on U-tube...
You can type in anything like ( dog rescue ) or ( truck crash)
and get hours of entertainment.  One I like the most is
( crane crash ).
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dgdrls

Quote from: Den Socling on February 13, 2017, 05:40:48 PM
Here's another.
https://www.facebook.com/mevlana/videos/10154734682453185/
If you have never tried to walk through fast moving water over rocks, believe me. It's hard to do. And low-head dams are killers. After the water goes over, it rolls back in what is called "a washing machine". You can keep churning long after you have drowned. But watch this resuce.

I work with and at dams every day,  your exactly right Den,  we lost two brothers in kayaks two years ago at a "low" head dam.
One paddled up to the toe while it was innocently spilling, he was pulled in and rolled, the brother went to help and suffered the same fate

Our crews will remark they see the same logs and debris rolling for days below some of our dams.

Educate, Educate Educate

D

Don P

There is a downstream current under the hydraulic at a dam or smooth ledge in a river. It is absolutely counterintuitive but you need to sink and grab that bottom current to get out. At times I've been able to work back and forth and finally punch out the end of the hydraulic but if it has you and you can stay upright I've popped the sprayskirt on a kayak and sunk the boat enough to be drug downstream, or bail and dive. If you keep recirculating the river will win. Never walk in rushing water, the chances of foot entrapment are really high. Once that happens the current will push you over and the last 2 minutes are doing pushups off the stream bottom. Keep your feet up and float to calmer water.

petefrom bearswamp

Even tho I knew these were going to turn out OK my heart was still pounding.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

George Zarifis

These firemen are heroes! As soon as I turn 18 I plan on becoming a volunteer firefighter..
Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

gimpy

I couldn't watch it without a Facebook Account. Hope it was good.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

George Zarifis

I don't have an FB account either but I've found a way to cheat the system to let me watch videos. I have the Adblocker Ultimate extension for Mozila (highly recomend it but hardly works with Chrome) and I use the function "Block element" to treat the message "log in to watch this video" as well as the darkened background as ads. Works every time. The video was really nice too. Hope this helps.

Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

Warbird

That was a crazy video.  Glad he made it.

Thank You Sponsors!