iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What equipment do you take to the mill with you?

Started by Chuck White, February 28, 2017, 03:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

I don't own any of the big stuff that Stihl makes, but my BG 55 leaf blower and my old 021 (12") and my MS251 (14") and my 4' Stihl/Logrite cant hook all go with me when I go out on a sawjob!

I bought my Stihl 021 to clean up around the yard following the Ice Storm of 1998.  That little chainsaw has never failed me, now it's a regular at the sawmill!

I have cruised the Stihl web site several times for info on their products!

Great company!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RPowers

I always have basic hand tools in my truck, wrenches and sockets and stuff, for mill adjustments or minor repairs. I bring a small  chainsaw (stihl 025 16") and a large chainsaw (Husky 390xp 32") and a chainsaw box with chains and files. 48" and 72" Logrite cant hooks plus a 15' grade 70 chain. Scoop shovel, 40" pry bar, trenching spade for digging in outriggers. I try to always have anything when needed as many customers dont have things lined up "just right" and have no idea of the process.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

DMcCoy

Standard equipment;  straight claw hammer,  tape measure, pulaski,  24" chainsaw,  cell phone(cut list app), peavy, slick, leather welding apron, leather gloves, hearing protectors, drinking water.

Shop is <100' away for anything else.

WV Sawmiller

Pretty much everything listed above plus cooler and water/gatorade, TP, wedges (in case I have to back a blade out), old car jack, spare tire & 4 way lug, WM Manual and cell phone, Carpenter's square, boards and blocks (to go under the tire and landing gear to level the mill), extra gas (For mill, chainsaw & leaf blower) and lube for the mill, assorted bands, tow cable (you'd be surprised how often I have to drag a log), long cable, snatch block and chain if I have visited the site and suspect will be needed, spare drive/feed/B57 belts, ear muffs, extra gloves & PPE, admin supplies including calculator, business cards, tongue lock for mill in case I have to leave the mill overnight.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GAB

When I bought the sawmill I also bought a new tool box for sawmill spare parts such as fuses, pins for the adjustable arm, the blade guide, the drive belt tension gauge, b57 belts, speed pot, up/down lever spring, to mention a few items.
Spare blades for different woods, round pointed shovel, and many of the items mentioned by others as well as my electrical tool box.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!