iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grizzly Planer

Started by Upper, February 28, 2017, 10:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I just want to update everyone. I recently made another video of the problems and sent it to Grizzly. It made it to the top and Grizzly is stepping up and having a molded rubber out feed roller for my machine and also thinks that the inserts could be causing the tear out and fuzzy cutting of the head so they are also sending new inserts to try first. I was told that these rollers will be available in the 15 & 20 inch sizes in the future . Hopefully this will solve my problems and make it a great machine. This is the video of my issues. https://youtu.be/HlC6jdhdhys 
I am glad they stepped up and are finally working with me. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Den Socling

YellowHammer

That is some serious marking of the boards.  Glad Grizzly is going to help solve the problem. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

21incher

Quote from: YellowHammer on March 25, 2017, 07:43:17 AM
That is some serious marking of the boards.  Glad Grizzly is going to help solve the problem. 

One of the top managers in quality control contacted me and it looks like my roller may have been one of the first rollers made after new tooling was installed which can result in sharper points on the knurl for the first couple of parts. I will be glad to put this issue behind me. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teakwood

They should send you a new complete and assembled spiral head. maybe there is something wrong with the axle. If the cutterplates would be defective you could tell by inspecting them, by eye
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

21incher

Quote from: teakwood on March 26, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
They should send you a new complete and assembled spiral head. maybe there is something wrong with the axle. If the cutterplates would be defective you could tell by inspecting them, by eye

They thought it looked like what happens with dull cutters and wanted to start there. When I drag my finger across them, some of the inserts feel like they are sharper at the corners then the center so I am wondering if that is the issue. The ones on my 2 1/2 year old jointer still feel sharp all across the edge and always cut glass smooth with zero tear out. The new planer has only seen 10 boards so I am hoping it will not take to long to swap the inserts. From what I was told all their cutter heads are manufactured on the same machine and they have never seen any problems like this with any of them. The inserts are made in Germany.  I have my fingers crossed that this will work. :)

Thank You Sponsors!