iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New research about how badgers bury cows.

Started by fishpharmer, April 02, 2017, 05:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Anything about badgers is new to me, we don't have any and I have never seen one in the wild.  We do have cows.  There is interesting new research about how badgers bury cows.  (At least small ones).   Its documented in this video.

https://youtu.be/dsHiOwR7cfc
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

coxy

that was neat wonder how long it really took him to do it

fishpharmer

Here is a little more info.  There is a link to the abstract of research paper.  It did not say number of days.  Appears to be 5-6 just going by dark periods in video.  Funny thing is that, I bet there are some old ranchers that have been knowing this for a long time.

http://newatlas.com/badger-cow/48722/
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ox

Now I know why there ain't no badgers round here.  Can't dig deep enough to bury a cow before hitting bedrock.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

rjwoelk

We had a badger scoff 20 some chickens and pack them under a old stone boat. Mom was not impressed. They were her new laying hens.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!