Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Andries

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Onthesauk

At your age, I guess you can get away with eating that many eggs! :)
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

coxy

wait till you get a twin duck or goose egg  :) when we had chickens we use to get a lot of them twins  now I'm hungry

Cedarman

Nutrition wise eggs are now good for you.  180 degree turn.  Coffee used to be bad for you, now good.
Everything in moderation though.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Engineer

Used to be an egg farm, just east of Saratoga NY, that was basically a roadside stand for eggs.  Run by an elderly couple, now closed and gone.  Anyway, you went in and they had a cooler full of all different sizes of eggs sorted by size.  Mediums were around 90 cents an dozen, large was $1, extra large $1.25 etc.  I skipped all those because they always had a few dozen "double yolk jumbos".  Every egg in the carton was a jumbo, guaranteed to have a double yolk.  I think they sold them for $2 a dozen and I usually bought 4-6 dozen each time I stopped by.

The Stewarts chain of convenience stores, also headquartered in Saratoga, sells jumbos in their stores, and every dozen always has one or two double-yolkers.  Used to be a sure thing, now it's a nice surprise.

petefrom bearswamp

Looks delicious
Just finishing up a plain old brother and sister with bacon cooked in my cast iron skillet and dark rye.
Havent had twins since my helper who also sold me eggs left for Texas.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Sixacresand

Ok.  I'll say it.  Good with GRITS.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

coxy

Quote from: Sixacresand on February 27, 2017, 07:58:21 PM
Ok.  I'll say it.  Good with GRITS.
the twins will never be the same again  :( :(

petefrom bearswamp

Ya know I almost afraid to say this but after spending 3 winters in Florida I now tolerate grits OCCASIONALLY.
However as i posted earlier this winter boiled peanuts leave me shuddering.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

ozarkgem

I have eaten eggs everyday of my life that I can remember. Low cholesterol and normal blood pressure. Oh and Hatfields bacon also.  I don't like milk or bird food.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

alabama

I was about to ask boy and girl or .... and then I saw the eggs. Good one.  :) Now I'm hungry for eggs but wife is cooking Tacos tonight.
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

Thank You Sponsors!