iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your Reference Library

Started by dgdrls, February 26, 2017, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

I was thinking that we all need some help at some time with the projects, work or play we under-take.
When experience isn't enough, What book(s) or reference materials do you keep and use
or even just like to have around and read?  :P

No, Google doesn't count :D

I have and use the following:
Projects
Forestry Handbook  circa 1955
a vintage copy of the Southern Pine Manual
Sawmillers Guide to Troubleshooting, C Creamer
USFS Sawmill Guide, SJ Lunstrum,
My sawmill owners manual
Machinery Handbook #29
Pocket Ref. TJ Glover

Work:
Conservation of Power and Water resources, CFR 18
Hydroelectric Handbook Creager and Justin   50's vintage, work library
Evidence and Procedures for Boundary Location, Brown, Wilson, Robillard
Boundary Control and legal principles,  Brown

Play:
Leaders, Tippets and Knots, pocket ref.  Orvis

tell us what you have and like.

D

Don P

I have Lunstrum and Creamer's books and they are good to have on the shelf.
Dad's Industrial Arts books from the '50's probably started my bug, that and being on construction sites. I was supposed to be doing my homework but I probably studied those more during jr high and high school. My first book on wood and timber was the Wood Handbook, I bought that copy when I was 15 or 16. I now have my FIL's old copy from the early '50's and a retired engineer friend's from the '90's, it is online now.

Other stuff from the US Forest Products Labs, most of it online now, Air drying of Lumber, Drying hardwood Lumber, EMC's of various species. etc, there is quite a library to browse there.

Simplified Engineering for the Architect and Builder, Parker-Ambrose
Timber Construction Manual, AITC (parts of that are on their website at glulam.org)
Steel Construction Manual, AISC
The TF Guild's Design Manuals
National Design Specification for Wood Construction (lots of related publications at awc.org)
Concrete Masonry Handbook... well, obvious where this is going, a bookcase full of construction and engineering books mostly log and timber related.

Haynes manuals back to the Opel I traded a pair of hiking boots for. I think the boot's went further.

For fun
The Drunken Botanist, Amy Stewart

sandhills

Mainly The Forestry Forum, but if I have to I check on repair manuals from time to time  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!