iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite xl super automatic

Started by jim068, February 22, 2017, 08:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim068

Hi there, first post, not sure if I am doing this right, but here goes. I came across an old Homelite xl super automatic, has good compression, everything is there except the coil is bad. I understand these are hard to find, but just thought I would take a shot and see if anyone knew where I might get my hands on one. I really do not want to go back to the old points system if I can help it. Any help would be appreciated. Jim.

Ox

On the left of your screen is some sponsors.  Find Chainsawr and click on him - he'll likely have anything you'll ever need.  The Homelite you speak of is one of my favorite old saws.  I cut so much with one of those back in the day it's not even funny.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

undee70ss

Can you post the model and serial number? What color is the coil? Would need to know this info to help you out.

Thank You Sponsors!