iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

waiting for the freeze!

Started by Woodhauler, February 22, 2017, 02:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Got up at 1;30 am, still setting here waiting to go on posted roads. Temps will not go my way! 31 still. Guess I will go back to bed and try again at 4. This is like it was a year or two ago. Weather says its going to get cold but never does !
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Peter Drouin

I know loggers that are pushed out of the woods so the farmer can tap the trees.
I'm trying to get logs in as fast as I can before My road gets posted.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Woodhauler

Another botched forcast by our weathermen!!! 35 out now, got warmer instead of colder! I want to be a weatherman!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

I have not seen any of those orange signs so far. We have a diffeant guy or our road would be posted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

They say its going to freeze tonight, we will see!

Peter Drouin

I have a town next door with posted roads. :-\
A&P saw Mill LLC.

newoodguy78

I was surprised coming home tonight I didn't see any orange signs. I like this weather but do feel for the people's jobs it impacts  :-\

barbender

We have a sloppy mess in northern MN too, I haven't worked yet this week. It's supposed to cool off over the weekend, hopefully enough to run at night at least.
Too many irons in the fire

starmac

Hopefully we have another three weeks ton a month befire weight restrictions hit.
Once they hit we are done, until after breakup, it doesn't matter if we get freezes or not, even on the highways.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

thecfarm

I saw only one orange sign in the town of Jay. Just about 15 minutes from me. Passed quite a few more streets but only saw that one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

Leaving now for one, maybe two loads. 23 degrees here, will be much warmer when I get out of this hole I live in.

Woodhauler

No hauling today, never got below 37 last night.

Ed_K

Thunder storm right now. Weather guy says colder next week but we all know they lie  :o .
Ed K

horselogger50

Drizzling here, amazing weatherman get paid what they do. They are wrong most of the time.

Riwaka

Keep an eye on some of the global forecasts. Some of the Norwegian global forecasts are fairly accurate.
https://www.yr.no/place/United_States/Maine/   (Monday looks like a fairly warm day for Maine)

Woodhauler

My truck has been out all night! I had to boil syrup , So my part time driver took it around 11 last night. Havent heard or seen him since. We boiled till 1am!

Logger RK

Roads posted a week ago. Yesterday morning temp was 8 above,this morning 13 above.  :(

coxy

you guys still cant run the roads even in cold temps if they are posted  what happens when you run on posted roads and get stopped even if it cold   

1270d

coxy

see       there is 1 township  and 1 county road  here  that will post roads but will let you get a permit to haul   they call it a hard ship permit its 10$  if you are a logger or farmer that lives on the road you don't need the permit ::)  I always have the LO state in the contract that I only have x amount of time to cut the logs so I get a permit

Logger RK

Are local Town didn't post roads till about 10 years ago. A New Guy logger with new equipment was pushing the limits on when he'd haul. He ended up getting a chip load stuck in the middle of a Town dirt road. Needless to say,all Town Roads are posted when The County does after that.  And he's out of bussiness. His Father Inlaw told Me,he said he was just a aggressive logger. I have a different opinion of what kind of logger he WAS

jwilly3879

Some Towns around here will absolutely not let you run once the roads are posted. Others, after a nice conversation with the highway super, might let you run in the morning if the overnight temps are in the teens but it is at your own risk, damage the road and you are responsible.

Peter Drouin

I was getting another 14,000 BF of W Pine from a logger, Now I have to wait till after mud season.  ::)

7,000 bf Hemlock
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!