iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another "Did You Know?" from the Goat files.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 20, 2017, 09:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I watch old westerns and like to research the episodes on my lap top while I watch them.
I'm watching an episode of "Track Down" with Robert Culp right now.

I did some research and came across this:

Trackdown Shakedown
An episode of the 1950s western TV series 'Trackdown' featured a character named Walter Trump who claimed he would build a wall in order to protect a town from the end of the world.

Kinda strange.
Look it up......there's a clip that shows it and its Snopes verified.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

Dave,

Have not seen that one yet. Do not remember Trackdown but recently found it comes on Saturdays on MeTV and stars Robert Culp with Ellen Corby (Grandma Walton). Followed by Have Gun Will Travel and Maverick. Then I take a break and go do a little work till Gunsmoke comes on.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Den Socling

Andries

Wow, growing up, 'Have Gun Will Travel' was one of my faves.
Hang on,
OK, I'm seeing it now.
All of us are in our sixties - David, you're the young-un.  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 20, 2017, 09:46:09 PM
I watch old westerns and like to research the episodes on my lap top while I watch them.
I'm watching an episode of "Track Down" with Robert Culp right now.

I did some research and came across this:

Trackdown Shakedown
An episode of the 1950s western TV series 'Trackdown' featured a character named Walter Trump who claimed he would build a wall in order to protect a town from the end of the world.

Kinda strange.
Look it up......there's a clip that shows it and its Snopes verified.
Where did you find this series?  Not seeing it  on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

gspren

Sometimes I remember those shows and sometimes not, I'm only posting because I'm the right age. 8)
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I watch this show on ME TV. You can see a lot of old westerns on You Tube also.

sawguy21

That is funny. Did he get the bad guys to pay for it?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

John S

I also recently found those old westerns on a channel called Heroes and Icons.  Wanted Dead or Alive, The Rebel, Broken Arrow, Yancy Derringer, Wagon Train and the others (Trackdown, Have Gun Will Travel) bring many memories.  I also learned that there was a Hey Girl before Hey Boy on HGWT.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: John S on February 22, 2017, 08:50:08 AM
I also recently found those old westerns on a channel called Heroes and Icons.  Wanted Dead or Alive, The Rebel, Broken Arrow, Yancy Derringer, Wagon Train and the others (Trackdown, Have Gun Will Travel) bring many memories.  I also learned that there was a Hey Girl before Hey Boy on HGWT.

I watch all of those.

Thank You Sponsors!