iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had an offer on my sawmill!!

Started by Papa1stuff, February 14, 2017, 09:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa1stuff

I received an email with and offer for my $31000.00 sawmill!
Offer was for $20000.00 ,which I thought was a little low ,but I sent him an email accepting his offer .
He had to pay me  with cash in the form of 20000 ,1921 Silver Dollars  ;D
I have not heard back and was wondering if I should put a hold on the sale ,and wait for a reply  ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

GAB

Quote from: Papa1stuff on February 14, 2017, 09:29:20 AM
I received an email with and offer for my $31000.00 sawmill!
Offer was for $20000.00 ,which I thought was a little low ,but I sent him an email accepting his offer .
He had to pay me  with cash in the form of 20000 ,1921 Silver Dollars  ;D
I have not heard back and was wondering if I should put a hold on the sale ,and wait for a reply  ;D

With silver hovering at around $18.00 this morning I think you got the decimal in the wrong place in your counter offer, however if it is a scam you are right on.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Brucer

A few years back I received an e-mail from someone I'd never heard of, asking if I was interested in selling my sawmill operation. He said he represented a client who wanted to invest in the BC lumber industry, and they would, of course, hire me to run the operation for them :D :D.

But before sending back a flippant reply, I followed up on the person who sent the e-mail. It turns out he's a real person, with a real business that caters to wealthy people. His clients usually have a portfolio of stocks, but want to diversify their investments by purchasing well-run small to mid-size
businesses. They retain the management and employees (because they're buying a well-run business).

I sent back an e-mail telling the guy I had a 1.25-person operation, a $40,000 portable sawmill, and the owners of the land I was using could ask me to vacate the place with 30 days notice. Perhaps this was not quite the scale of investment his client was looking for.

He thanked me for being upfront with him, and agreed that his client had something quite a bit bigger in mind :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

DanG Bruce, you should have sent him to me.  My sawmill ain't worth that much, I set up on the customer's property, and then they are required to tail the slabs and lumber.  All that I want to do is saw, get paid, and leave.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Onthesauk

And maybe not a total scam.  Seem to be folks out there just low balling on bigger items.  If they can get it cheap they can resell and make a buck.  Doesn't cost them anything to ask and maybe dicker on cost.  If they make a hundred offers a day and buy just one maybe they make a living on it.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Brucer

Sorry, Lynn, I wasn't thinking ;D.

In case my mill price seems high, don't forget to multiply the exchange rate (about 75%), subtract two 6' extensions, subtract an old drag-type sharpener and manual setter, and you're probably getting close to what your mill is worth.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!