spraying fruit trees

Started by Jemclimber, February 14, 2017, 06:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemclimber

I have a question about spraying fruit trees. I have about 50-60 trees, maybe a few more as I just can't help buy different varieties every year, mostly apple with a few pear, cherry, and some peach trees.  Not enough to warrant an expensive pto fogger like a real orchard would use but, enough that spraying with the 15 gallon electric hand sprayer on the atv is quite the process.

I'd like to use a fogger possibly to cut down on chemical and get better coverage, but I don't know if the chemicals I usually spray- Bonide (Captan 12%, Malathion 6%, Carbaryl .3%) are compatible and which fogger is the best.  If it helps, I'm usually a buy quality, buy once type of guy and don't want the hassle of something cheap that will only frustrate me.

Anyone in the same boat that has any suggestions I'd sure appreciate the input.
lt15

Left Coast Chris

For years I went with a Big John mist sprayer with a 40 gal tank, 3 point with centrifugal pump.   Worked real well with all sprays for a number of years.   At the time it cost around $5k.    Since then I went to a larger tow behind with bigger fan.   I am on 10 Acres of walnuts.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Jemclimber

I'm not really wanting to spend that kind of $$$, $500 to $1000 I would be able to swallow. I have my trees in 2 areas, up front they are tight and out back they are openly spaced and total they take up about 1.5 acres. I'd really like something that's handheld or to sit on the atv rack.
lt15

Kbeitz

For years here on our Christmas tree farm we use a gas engine powered
pack pack sprayer. You can get a lot done real fast with one and it will
reach very easy to the tops of your trees.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Czech_Made