iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grapple 90 Degree Attachment

Started by Magicman, March 09, 2017, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I sawmilled for a customer yesterday that owns/operates a tree removal service.  There are times when he has to remove trees from homes, etc. where the tree needs to be absolutely controlled to prevent damage or further damage.  He designed, built, and has a patent on an attachment that will allow the grapple on a skidsteer, etc. to swivel to various positions including upright.

This attachment has it's own quick connect/disconnect and simply sandwiches between the skidsteer and the grapple.  He has hydraulic extension hoses to allow for the extra length needed when the unit is swiveled to 90°
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

What a great idea.  I wonder if he was looking the angle adjustment on a snow plow attachment for an ATV or garden tractor and thought, hmm, that would do the trick!  And then to make it as an easy add-on - truly clever.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

I would completely disregard any thought of him seeing a snow plow attachment.  And just what is this "snow" that you speak of??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

I have seen them on big fork lifts some place on the www

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on March 09, 2017, 01:41:12 PM
...  And just what is this "snow" that you speak of??

There (taken 30 minutes ago) -- that's where you parked your truck when you and PatD were here ;D. The little white speckles against the trees are snowflakes ;D ;D.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

Oh wow Bruce, why is everything so white?   ???    :o

Thank You Sponsors!