iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video of WM manual toe board and turner??

Started by Brad_bb, February 08, 2017, 07:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

Ga Mtn Man,
That is what a toe board should look like.  Gotta have bearings rated at the proper load. 

What do you think the load on a toe board should be figured at?  What I mean is, what weight of log on the roller should you account for in design? Plus margin of safety?  1500 lb?  so 750 per bearing?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ga Mtn Man

I'm just a picture poster, someone else will have to weigh in on that question.  Know any makanikul injunears?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

47sawdust

When I had my KascoIIB I made a set of toe rollers like that.They worked great.We turned bushings out of UHMW plastic,inserted into schedule 40 pipe with 3/4'' cold rolled rod through the center.Backwoods engineering did the calculations and we were in business.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

4x4American

I think 3500lbs total capacity per toeboard at min, for my application.  Because my loader is rated fir 5k lbs, and I want at least half of that plus safety factor.  You have a different mill.
Boy, back in my day..

Darrel

I've had a 5,000 pound black oak log on my mill so I'm saying 4x4 is not too far off in his estimation.  3,500 lbs per end would give the safety factor needed.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!