iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Briar/Brush clothing

Started by livemusic, February 12, 2017, 10:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livemusic

Does anyone have any particular recommendation for briar pants and a briar shirt for working in the thick stuff? Ideally, I would like to find something that is on the lightweight side, as I am in the deep south. Yesterday, February 11, it was 82 degrees! Sheesh.

Regarding a shirt, I bought this shirt last year -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JTWHFQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It works as expected, but that's just because it's thick material. It gets rather warm if weather is warmish. An actual brush/briar shirt might be better. I was thinking I paid $30 for it, so, if interested in that one, do a search for best price.
~~~
Bill

CCC4

Best thing for briars is full wrap Saw chaps. As far as a shirt...I know a lot of people can't get their head around it, but in the warmer months I never wear a shirt. Think about it like this, I can slip through the brush easier and not be snagging my t shirt. When you snag your bare skin...you will stop, right then and there! Lol!

Greyhound

Chaps are great, but hot. Cordura works for me if not running the saw.  I wish I had a good recommendation.  I live up North and so I try to get my brush work done in the cold months.

Skip

Filson makes a good  pair of brush pants. When I had rabbit dogs I used to wade into some pretty mean mutiflore-rose bushes with them, But they are Pricey  :o

curdog

I wear the chaps from forestry suppliers. They're still warm, but not as hot as many of the snake chaps.  I've got probably 7 or 8 years on my pair right now, but I usually only wear them half the year

ohiowoodchuck

Dan's hunting gear makes some good chaps because bs and jackets. Chaps are around 30.00 And the coats are around 100.00 I think. I've had my coat for 17 years and haven't worn it out yet.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Thank You Sponsors!