iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The little loader that could.

Started by etroup10, February 12, 2017, 09:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

This summer I purchased a mini log loader for around the mill. I had to build a hydraulic unit and replace most of the lines. The first big test came yesterday with this box elder and i was amazed to see it's capabilities. Despite blowing a fitting for the grapple rotation I was still able to load a massive log.

This box elder was about 4 feet long and 4' across on the small end(59" on the big end) I estimate it's weighs somewhere in the 2000 lb range. I'll post a video of the loader picking it up in a little!
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

tmbrcruiser

Great rig, guarantee everyone wishes they had one.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

Ox

That's pretty impressive!  Well done - good choice with that one, huh?  I've said before that man's best friend isn't a dog anymore - it's hydraulics.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

flyboy16101

The loader looks great congrats on getting it going
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

alanh

Great job. The power of hydraulics never ceases to amaze me. My son found an old picker that he mounted on his equally old tri axle roll off truck, turned two pieces that the previous owners were going to scrap into an amazingly useful piece of equipment. Logs that scale at 5 k get picked right up. Its primary job is scrap metal but a 40 yard dumpster holds a lot of logs...

mad murdock

Nice job on the loader. Now you will wonder how you ever survived without one!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

47sawdust

etroup10,That is a great looking loader.What did the loader itself start out life as?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

fishfighter

Quote from: Ox on February 12, 2017, 12:19:50 PM
That's pretty impressive!  Well done - good choice with that one, huh?  I've said before that man's best friend isn't a dog anymore - it's hydraulics.

Or hydraulics can be a curse when you start busting hoses. :D

And yes, would love to have one of those. ;D

Ox

Oh yes, I've blown my fair share of hoses!
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

OffGrid973

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Ox

Thank You Sponsors!