iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Coming?

Started by Magicman, February 08, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

I still have 20" of snow. Looks like more coming tomorrow.

curdog

If anyone needs 20-30 degrees of warmth, I'll send it to them. The truck thermometer has been bouncing between 85-88 this afternoon.  I'm all for spring, but we're easing towards summer a little quick

Ed_K

We had a flock of Robin's come thru  last Friday. That's our first sign of spring 😎.
Ed K

Darrel

Wind been blowing awfully hard this afternoon susposed to snow tomorrow. Tumble weeds hurrying past, I wonder where they grew. The ones that grew here have been gone for months.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Speaking of Tumble Weeds,  since there are none in Mississippi, I once hatched upon the idea of capturing one and bringing it home for decoration.  Just think how neat that would be??   So we were cruising along, probably somewhere in Wyoming, and happened upon a nice herd of them corralled up and they would be easy pickings.  Matter of fact, I would have the "pick of the litter", so I parked the truck and made my stalk.  I reached and grabbed my target  :o or did it grab me ??   :-\

That very moment in time is when I learned both why they don't grow in Mississippi, and why I did not want or need a souvenir.  Mother Nature has many ways of teaching you lessons.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Let's think that through - kudzu, multi-flora rose, autumn olive, et. al now we add tumbleweeds to our list of wonderful imports.

Actually I drove a truck for a major shipping company for a few months at one stage in my life and had the same thought when driving through Arizona and Nevada and such. I also found out they are not as friendly up close as they appear from a distance.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

They get caught on the fence and if the fence has only T posts and no wood near by, I've been known to strike a match to them and burn them right there. Burns hot and fast, then they're gone.
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

The King Snake spent yesterday laying in the sun again and I was expecting to see it again today.  It was not there about 9:00 and when I passed by the spot at about 10:00, this is what was there.

It had crawled out from under the pavement, molted, and crawled away.  Now I don't know where it is ??  That is really not a problem, but it startles me when it catches me by surprise.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Okay, my peach finally opened out yesterday and more today. Hope we don't get a late freeze like last year which wiped me out. I saw cherry trees blooming a mile or so down the road at slightly lower elevations. Mine could bloom any day now. I see my apples are just pinking up a bit and it was pretty breezy this afternoon blowing maple blooms everywhere.

Peach tree blooming
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

Spring Coming? Yup, here's the proof! This is what I woke up to this morning. ;D
1992 LT40HD

Den Socling

I don't envy you, Darrel. Patti and I have been outside all morning picking up sticks. There are a lot of trees in our yard and we have never seen so many branches on the ground. Tomorrow will be the start of mowing the grass.

Magicman

No injuries, but we had a tornado that came through our area last week bringing down many trees and causing much damage.   :-\ 

sandhills

Glad all is well Lynn, unfortunately with the beauty of spring also comes severe weather, everything here is just budding out and the grass is greening up nice, time for another freeze I guess  :-\.

WV Sawmiller

I had to mow the yard for first time last week then woke up to snow yesterday morning and warmed up to around 60 today and low 70's tomorrow. I hope my peach tree, cherry trees and a volunteer pear (with egg sized fruit) which are in full bloom were not hurt. It just barely reached at or near freezing and we had wind which usually is better than a dead calm cold spell.
Howard Green

Den Socling

I had a tractor & trailer here at 9 this morning. Instead of pulling in and driving around our circular driveway to the shop as we told him, he insisted on backing in. He kept running off the driveway and into the grass. Then he would spin his tires, go forward and try again. What a mess he made. Mowing grass tomorrow is going to be real hard on my blades. I tried knocking the ruts down with a rake and driving over them with my pickup. Some way to start spring mowing!  >:(

Darrel

The sun is shining and it is snowing at the same time and the lawn needs mowing.
1992 LT40HD

petefrom bearswamp

4-6" snow day before yesterday, melting fast now.
Son and grandson coming today to cut and skid some firewood.
Supposed to get sunny and to high 60s today.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!