iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Coming?

Started by Magicman, February 08, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The Camella beside our drive is showing out.  Crabapples are blooming everywhere.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

It's sure acting like spring in eastern Montana. The ground is just stiff enough that I don't need 4wd to feed the cows in the mornings. If the wind keeps it up and it doesn't rain I MIGHT be able to start farming up some fields pretty quick and believe this for sure, I'm plenty ready to go fix fence or get some farming done.
It's been a decent winter, but I'm ready to go play outside.

Darrel

No flowers here yet. It did get up to 47° F on Valentines Day.  Still 4" of snow at my place.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Kbeitz

I finished up my second zip-line trolley yesterday. I thought I
was going to freeze my fingers off trying it out. I sure wish I
had some flowers to look at. I got 22f outside right now.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

goose63

Kbeitz come on over here 56 yesterday 58 today big flock of Geese going north.

I can saw in the morning untill 9am or so then the yard turns to mud and Nancy is not HAPPY with me makeing tracks in the yard with the tractor getting my log' :os
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Roxie

Another sure sign of spring, the snow geese and tundra swans are heading north, about two or three weeks early.   :)
Say when

barbender

We're having a "pre-spring" also known as "logger's headache", it must've hit 50° today. Our trucks can only run from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. on local county roads.
Too many irons in the fire

Darrel

Quote from: Roxie on February 17, 2017, 07:39:20 PM
Another sure sign of spring, the snow geese and tundra swans are heading north, about two or three weeks early.   :)

My wife and I were admiring thousands of snow geese on the ponds on our way to our property yesterday. In April, we'll be watching for baby sandhill cranes on these same ponds.
1992 LT40HD

SwampDonkey

Three snow storms this week, no flowers yet. But yesterday it got to almost 40F. It's a start anyhow. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

My Mom's old Pear tree that she planted ~1937, is blooming again.  It struggles each year but at least it is trying.

The Wisteria in our back yard is showing out.

And this guy finally crawled out for some sun, and it stayed around most of the day.

It stayed in about the same spot but it did change positions a few time.  It finally crawled off so now I do not know where it is.  ::)  It's probably the same one that I watched molt last year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

Although some people don't believe it, snakes are good neighbors. Thank you, Lynn, for not wacking it with a shovel.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

Kbeitz

If they don't bother me then I don't bother them...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

SwampDonkey

I see them all the time in the woods, especially on rocky ground with some water around. They catch frogs and dryer places, mice.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

Looked out the window this morning and we have eastern bluebirds flying from the fence to the porch rail to the yard and various trees. First I have seen in many years and as far as I can remember the first I have seen in WV. One robin was chasing one away. Also several woodpeckers (Downy & Red-bellied) and an excessive number (meaning more than 1) blue jays.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

Looked out the window this morning and I can see the road again after the additional snowfall yesterday.  If this keeps up we'll have 4 foot of snow down.  :-\
Thanks for sharing your pics of spring and better times.  It gives me hope.  :laugh:
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

ox why would you thank them  >:(  I was always told not to tease anyone  now ill have to look for my tissues and crayons and go pout in the corner  :D :D :D 8)  I have +60 on the corner of my porch  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magicman

I hope that the logs are under a shade tree tomorrow because the forecast says 82° and sun.   smiley_sun

curdog

It's going to take us a day longer to reach 80, only 70 tomorrow, but we'll be at 80 on Tuesday..
Birds are building nest and I've seen a few snakes slithering around... I could probably mow the grass, but I would rather wait as long as possible

Ox

Why oh why couldn't I have been born south of the Mason Dixon?  It's where I belong.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

dang I tried to not like MM post but it went back to the start  :D :D

plowboyswr

Hit 80 here today. The wife and I fired up the mowers and whittled down the weeds in the yard. The daffodils are on the second blooming spree, that cold weather that hit during the Chilly Chili set em back. And I noticed that the leaves on the dogwood are about 1/2" long. The apple tree has buds a showing. and the hackberry in the pasture has turned green.  ;D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Gearbox

Spring is on it's way . Has been above zero for 2 weeks . That's F to you guy's in C land .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

It was 86° F at my sawing job yesterday.

pineywoods

Not quite yet, the dogwoods are blooming, pear trees and blueberries in full bloom, pine trees are shedding tons of yellow pollen, oaks are budding out, but the pecan trees are still asleep.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!