iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Coming?

Started by Magicman, February 08, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, the yellows have been showing for month, but these whites caught my eye today.

Almost all of them have finally opened.  No, that ain't snow.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

I am hopeing for at least another month before temps get above freezing, a mont and a half would be much better.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Den Socling

I'm taking a leap forward by going to AZ for a couple weeks 'cause there sure isn't any flowers around here!

curdog

Yep, the daffodils at my girlfriends house are in full bloom, mine are a little slow , with only one having a bud formed.  But I did notice some trilliums starting to pop up in the woods today..... won't be long

Gearbox

I think it  will be a while here . - 14 this morning 5 inches of white yesterday and it wasn't flowers . Nice MM I can see your smile from here .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

Wow... Lucky you... Wishing it was spring here....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 08, 2017, 06:38:09 PM
Wow... Lucky you... Wishing it was spring here....
it shur acts like spring   today I was cutting in a teeshirt

celliott

40 degrees today, tomorrow high of 16, Friday 7 degrees. What a roller coaster! Full on spring temps look to be a long way out still.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

WV Sawmiller

Was 70 degrees here yesterday and predicted 21 here tonight. High around freezing tomorrow then in the 50s Friday.

The first things to bloom here are typically cherries, redbuds and the forsythia (sp?). Our problem is a late freeze often gets the cherry crop. About every 5 years or so we get lucky and I get a decent cherry crop. Had my first bumper crop of peach blooms last year then a late freeze got all leaving me with 6 little green peaches part of the summer which all fell off before ripening. Nothing blooming here yet. I'm envious.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kbeitz

This is the fist winter in my life time that I seen no frost in the ground
in Pa. I can just push a shovel in the dirt just like summer.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

Kb, did the snow insulate the ground and keep it from freezing?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That Ground Hog shadow will bite dem fliers.    :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

caveman

Azaleas have been blooming here for 5-6 weeks and the live oaks and black cherry trees have been growing new leaves over the past week or so.
Caveman

coxy

why do you guys have to rub it in our face  :) 8)

Raider Bill

Yesterday in my back yard

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Kbeitz

Quote from: Magicman on February 08, 2017, 08:38:32 PM
Kb, did the snow insulate the ground and keep it from freezing?

Not really... Today is the first real snow we got.
I have not even put the plow on the tractor.
I just never got cold enough to freeze the ground.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Roxie

Thank you Magicman and Raider Bill for the pictures of spring, they couldn't have come on a better day! 
Say when

thecfarm

More nice pictures.
I'll take some of my flowers in June.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

No sign of spring here. I could see where the axles dragged in the snow when I backed out of the garage this morning. Didn't see any ticks or mosquitos, however. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

21incher

Glad to see it is spring somewhere, it gives me hope.  I had to plow 6 inches of spring this morning.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Have you glaciated guys ever thought that maybe it is the Grits??   ???   :D

thecfarm

Well you can keep 'em all. I can wait for June. Been waiting for June for about 55 years. What's a few more years.  :)

caveman

Raider Bill, did I see bouganvilla, periwinkle (vinca), and bird of paradise?  I don't think I am familiar with the bottom one.

Coxy, The temperatures here in the winter and early spring are often comfortable but for those of you who have allergies it is certainly a time for a stuffy head, itchy eyes and a runny nose.  It will be 98° with 90% humidity before too long here and those of you in more temperate zones will be the envy of us.
Caveman

paul case

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 08, 2017, 08:48:02 PM
That Ground Hog shadow will bite dem fliers.    :D :D :D
OLD phil better watch out. He has a way of ticking me off. Swine season is open and I am armed.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!