iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finished up my mantel build with reclaimed wood

Started by 123maxbars, February 07, 2017, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I built a mantel a few weeks ago out of the customers reclaimed wood. He gave me a whole pile of reclaimed heart pine 2x4s from his grandmother's old homestead. I pretty much just laminated them together and made one solid beam. It turned out nicely I thought. Made a short clip showing the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xykxRG1yvU
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WV Sawmiller

Very good looking craftsmanship. Is that for your own use or do you have a customer for it? Mind if I ask the sale price for something like that mantel?

I have a 6"X24"X40' beam on each end of my log home. Never thought about the work involved. I am sure they did not put as much time and effort into the build as you did.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Nice work  :)
I like using hand planes it makes for a great look
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ToddsPoint

You do nice work.  Beautiful mantle.  I'm jealous of that limestone fireplace.  Wow!  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

Thank You Sponsors!