iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do they ??

Started by Magicman, February 07, 2017, 11:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

know where to gather?  Do they call each other?  Send out radar or distress signals?  Is it purposefully or accidentally?  Do they plan their hidey places or are they just playing "hide & seek"?

Here is the evidence and yes, there are seven pair.  Six have already snuggled in and another is coming to join the party.  If they would always gather here we would always know where to look but no,  next time they will be in another spot and probably in a different room.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

They do seem to move on their own.  Probably under the cover of darkness.

At least yours herd up.  Mine don't seem to gather in groups.  I suspect they travel with the missing socks.
HM126

21incher

The older I get the more I realize that you have to put items in the same spot so you don't spend a half day looking for them next time you need them. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ljohnsaw

MM,
I've got the same granite counter tops in my kitchen.

I've only got 1 pair (vari-focal) so they (pretty much) don't leave my head but I have been known to loose them.

With our old Sony TV, we ended up with 3 (large) remotes for it.  And they never left the TV room.  Guess how many times we couldn't fine ONE!  They used to gather under the couch.

Now, with the new TV, only one remote.  I keep telling my son to put it on the coffee table and you will know where it is.  Does he? NOPE.  He would rather spend 5 or 10 minutes searching for it every time he wants to watch TV.  At least he is getting exercise!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

I just walked by and looked.  There are now 5 pair there so 2 have already made a getaway.   running-doggy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I have 3-4 pairs of reading glasses scattered around the house. I used to buy the cheap ones at Wal-Mart and TSC for 3 pair for $7.98. When I turned about 45 or so I got to where I could not read inside and had to use the reading glasses inside. A little over a year ago my eyesight changed and everything got fuzzy when I tried reading inside and I found it was the glasses - I no longer needed them. Don't know how they shifted back but they did. Don't know if they will change again. Time will tell.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Mine have also shifted.  From 1.25 to 1.50.   ;D

goose63

I have the same trouble with screw drivers and tape measures  ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

terrifictimbersllc

For me its the cash in my wallet.  I have to keep going to the bank for more.  :-\ :-\
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

coxy

:D :D :D that's a good one

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: 21incher on February 07, 2017, 12:44:42 PM
The older I get the more I realize that you have to put items in the same spot so you don't spend a half day looking for them next time you need them. :)

I have found this to be the best solution. I have one spot for gloves, one spot for keys, one spot for sun glasses when I walk into the office/shop. Put them down there when I walk in, and pick them up when I walk out.
Pretty much the same thing at house. With keys, gloves and sun glasses.

Jim Rogers

PS. I once asked my eye doctor how much he was turning up my glasses prescription, and he told me he was turning it down. I said down, how can that be? He said they are called "corrective lenses" for a reason. They help your eyes correct themselves. I never heard that before, but it did work with me.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on February 07, 2017, 02:23:57 PM
PS. I once asked my eye doctor how much he was turning up my glasses prescription, and he told me he was turning it down. I said down, how can that be? He said they are called "corrective lenses" for a reason. They help your eyes correct themselves. I never heard that before, but it did work with me.

I landed on a YouTube link and watched it for a while (30 or 40 minutes).  This guy gives seminars on how you can get rid of glasses by fixing your vision all by yourself (with the help of his detailed guide ;) ).  He talk made a lot of sense.  Your vision changes because the shape of your eyeball changes (more football shaped and you need correction).  His claim is your eyeball is very flexible and is pulled by your eye muscles.  Like any muscles, if you don't stretch them, they will get stiff.  These stiff muscles will hold one side of your eyeball while the other side is trying to point it somewhere.  This deforms your eyeballs.  He devised an exercise program to loosen up the muscles and that lets your eyeball go back to normal shape.  He had testimonials like crazy.  Of course, eye professionals don't like that idea!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dan_Shade

I tend to lose pencils and safety glasses
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WDH

They migrate, like caribou. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Well Magicman I guess if I have to find a plus sign to being basically blind without my glasses is that they're the first thing to go on and the last thing to go off  :D, I can't afford to lose track of mine  ;).

sawguy21

:D :D If I don't find my glasses first I don't find anything.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I gave up on them things.
Eye doctor and a pair of glasses and I am all set. I've had 3 pair so far in about 15 years. So much easier. I get at least one a day,that can't see something.  ::) I have to read something for them. I am much happer now. Get the safety style and they can be worn sawing too.   ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Correct Ray.  I have been wearing these for a few months and I am very satisfied with them.  So much so that I ordered a couple of extra pair.  They have a 1.50 bifocal.

thecfarm

I did not mean them.
I had a pair of prescription safety glasses. Came with side shields and all. Take off the side shield and I was all set for a night out on the town. I gave up on those cheaters. They are just too much of a bother for me to wear. I tried them and I got tired of the bother of them. Try to look away and I could feel them pull my eyes. really bothered my eyes.
We do sell the cheaters safety glasses at work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

It's bad when you look around for your glasses and then realize that your wearing them, at least that's what I've heard.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

I don't wear prescription glasses.  I do not want to know what I can not see!

never finished

I've been wearing Berkley sunglasses with cheaters for years. Get at Wal-Mart in the fishing department. I keep buying clear safety glasses with cheaters and scratching them up way to quick. Cant keep enough of them. 2.25 is hard to find.

thecfarm

Seeing the same,  ;D  It's just I keep mine on all the time. Get up in the morning,shut the alarm off and reach for my glasses and put them on. I always know where they are. No more putting them away,or looking over the top of them to see across the room or trying to remember where I put them down.
Get the progressive lenses and all will be good. I'm not a rich man,but my aggravation is worth something to me.  ;D

Brucer

It doesn't happen with glasses around here.

With me, it's pens and pencils. Some hide in strange places, most of them I manage to redistribute among the various places I visit. Last month I visited an industrial outfit I hadn't shopped at before. The clerk handed me a pen to write down some information and when I finished I carefully handed it back to her. "Keep it," she told me, "it's got our phone number on it." I told her that I wouldn't have it for long because of my redistribution habit. With that she grinned and gave me a handful. Wouldn't you know, a month later and I still have all of them ::).

However, the pens are a small thing. With a couple of grandkids over to the house every week, the one thing guaranteed to show up (in the strangest places) is socks :D. We don't even worry about getting them back right away. Every month or so we'll hand a bagful to my daughter and she'll take them home to match up with the strays.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Kbeitz

Funny little things they are. Every time I put one in my shirt
pocket It changes shape.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!