iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gearmatic Model 19 Adapter

Started by Mr.Diesel, July 29, 2023, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Diesel

Hi all, this is a Gearmatic 19 winch. I'm guessing it weighs approximately 1100 lbs with this adapter plate. I was thinking the adapter plate was for a Case 450 crawler but now I'm not so sure. Wondering if someone with more experience could clear this up for me.

It's been sitting for a bit so I'm sure it needs some service work, but was wondering if anyone could comment on its value. Thanks.

Mr.Diesel

Came across this drawing for a Komatsu TD-8G dozer. It looks like the same adapter housing, but I haven't matched any part numbers. If anyone is familiar with Komatsu and can shed some light, I'd be interested. Thanks.

MODEL 19 GEARMATIC WINCH - WINCH ADAPTER TD-8G S/N U000501-UP & K005001-UP Komatsu

bushmechanic

Yes, that came off a crawler tractor. That fairlead is used on crawler winches. The 19 Gearmatic is a sealed winch and the 119 is not. The 119 is a commonly used on skidders. Not sure what the price would be now.

Satamax

Quote from: bushmechanic on August 01, 2023, 04:57:47 AM
Yes, that came off a crawler tractor. That fairlead is used on crawler winches. The 19 Gearmatic is a sealed winch and the 119 is not. The 119 is a commonly used on skidders. Not sure what the price would be now.
I had access to an allied price list, for new winches, a 411, something similar to the gearmatic 19, sells for between 23000$ and 35000$ new in 2020. 
So expecting a tenth of that wouldn't be mad i think. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

tacks Y

I sold a winch from a 850 JD dozer, no fairlead this spring for a friend. I struggled and did get $1000 for it, a lot more winch too. I sold one off a JD 440 skidder for the same.

Start high, and plan to come down.   

Mr.Diesel

Thanks Tacks y, Satamax and Bushmechanic for your thoughts.

Tacks y, did you sell them with the master control cylinder or just the winch alone?

I've listed it for 1200$, although I don't have the master control cylinder for it. It will probably need some servicing as well.

tacks Y

$1200 seems like a good place. The JD winches do not have a master cly. They use cables for control, the 850 had the cables and drive shaft. The skidder winch was just that.

Thank You Sponsors!