iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why

Started by coxy, February 06, 2017, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

is it you can get more work done from noon  till 4pm than you can from 7am till noon   in the after noon seems like every thing goes smoother and quicker  ???

1270d

It's the opposite for me

Sheepkeeper

A saying that I learned from my mother, "The work that you don't get done in the morning, you can't get done in the afternoon." I have found that to be true most of the time. If I don't get started by 8 o'clock it seems like I'm chasing my tail for the rest of the day.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

breederman

I get way more done early. Seems like by noon I'm  slowing down, but i start Early.
Together we got this !

Autocar

Mornings work better for me by afternoon Iam wore out  :D.
Bill

coxy

I must be a duck of different feathers  :)

Puffergas

Dad would say, "a lazy man is at his best when the sun is in the west."  😂
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

wannaergo

I've noticed that my mornings always seem to go better than afternoon. Seems like 6-11 usually goes great, and then the afternoon is more of a struggle.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Peter Drouin

The best time is when I feel good. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Maine372

I have both kind of days. 1) hit it early and by mid day I'm wearing out. 2) takes all morning to get in my rhythm and work the kinks out and it all comes together at the end of the day.

personally I prefer to front load my day and coast into quitting time. 

so il logger

I'm same way, I'm steady all morning. In the afternoon the pace picks up. After lunch time ends until its time to pack stuff up its go get it. If i cut and top 60 20" dbh trees a day then 35-40 of them was after lunch.

When I cut for my dad he always said 3 was too early to quit. Guess I got used to trying to produce / impress after lunch, hoping to head home after he said we had done enough

:D

47sawdust

Back to Ford or Chevy again.I think we all have our rhythm to how we approach the day.Some like to ease into the day some are balls to wall right off.
An old timer told me once,"Sorry I'm late,I'll make up for it by leavin' early''.
He just showed up to watch me work.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Magicman

I can't say that either is consistently more productive than the other, but I enjoy morning better.  Since my productivity depends upon my help/tailgunners, I try to keep them motivated by keeping on keeping on. 

At the end of the work day, they may comment that "you 'bout killed me", or "that old man worked me to death".   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

elitts

My brain really only turns on about 10am and I won't remember anything said to or by me before about 8:00am.  I can start being reasonably productive by about 11am. 

If I ruled the world, the work day would be from 11:00am - 8:00pm.

If I didn't rule the world, but did rule my own company, the work day would be from 8(ish) am - 5pm, but there WILL be a designated nap room for employees and people had better not bother me from 10:40am - 11:00am and again from 2:40pm - 3:00pm.

My peak hours of productivity are actually from about 1pm - 10pm.

My family haven't been farmers for 3 generations, and I'm obviously not the one meant to bring us back to the land.

Weekend_Sawyer

I find that around 1 pm I'm nodding and really ready for a nap. Unfortunately that is usually when I'm at my desk writing reports... Oh look it's almost 1. Let me get back to you in an hour.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

coxy

I don't eat  lunch if I'm working if I do the day is over it puts me to sleep and don't eat breakfast  my dad ate lunch by him self for years   i would keep working   his words to me some day your going to get old and you will need to eat breakfast and lunch to keep going now if I'm goofing off or riding around then I need to eat  ???

lumberjack48

I was up at 4:30 AM every morning getting the chores done around the house. And helping the wife with breakfast and putting lunch together for the day.
  My goal was always 10 by 10, that is 10 turns by 10 AM, this would be 12 to 15 cds. After 10 AM my goal was to make 20 more turns, some days we made the 20 more. It all depended on the timber and weather.
  If i couldn't get to work before 10 AM, i didn't want to go. At the pace i worked i had to eat something every 2 hours or i couldn't keep my pace up.   
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

BargeMonkey

I find I'm most productive from 10-5, I usually leave the house at 7am and get home at 9pm, depends on how cute my house guest is. 😂 I refuse to fight getting stuff going when it's bitter cold unless I've got to, lately starting at 0600 is pointless, by the time we get all the guys going, fuel moved and figure out the day it's 8am.  Our pit opens at 730, and with the trucking work we have to be on site by 0700 loaded, getting up at 0430 it makes for a long day going till 9pm, we purposely put the mill and processor in the building with lights to work after the guys went home. Been trucking wood and cutting at night, have to upgrade to more led lights soon when morradian has a spring sale. 😂

dustintheblood

The wife and I have been "triple-shifters" for about a decade.

Up at 6am to feed the wood boiler, get the equipment going, get the boys off to school etc.  I then head out to do my "doin's part" outside in the morning - whether it's a building project, running the sawmill, logging or syrup depending on the time of the year. 

Lunch at noon, then I shut 'er down for my "2:30" which is a one hour nap.  Do repair work, maintenance etc for an hour till the boys come home, then its a couple of hours doing chores or going back to the woods.

Dinner at 6:30 as a family every night, then at 8:30 out to the office until about midnight to 01:00 to do the consulting work and "thinkin's part"

Repeat this 7 days a week, each and every week.  We don't have a tv.  We don't take vacations, except for a long weekend here and there, but even then I don't like to slow down too much. 

I'm fifth generation farmer stock, and a half-breed Dutchman, so I suppose that I come by the work ethic honestly.   :D :D :D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

ehp

I find the older I get the more the time does not matter , I prefer to be going early as I get more done . One thing I have noticed at least with me is that cell phone takes up to much of my time each day and my phone does not leave the truck,

samandothers

Quote from: coxy on February 07, 2017, 01:40:25 PM
his words to me some day your going to get old and you will need to eat breakfast and lunch to keep going

Agree I use to skip breakfast and lunch, can not do that now!

dustintheblood

Quote from: ehp on February 08, 2017, 06:01:15 PM
I find the older I get the more the time does not matter , I prefer to be going early as I get more done . One thing I have noticed at least with me is that cell phone takes up to much of my time each day and my phone does not leave the truck,

I hear yah EHP.  Years fly by, and days disappear.  You just reminded me that I haven't ever worn a watch  :)
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

killamplanes

I eat buffets for lunch almost 5 days a week. all the towns around here small and large host some kind of an all u can eat. I can put the hurts to them. I work hard, long hours and eat a lot of calories. I weight the same as I did in college. We will see how long I can keep my eating habits. I think I will be fine until I slow my schedule down. I get up with the sun and go down with it, work whys. Year around. My kids have followed, my wife does not :D :D
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

reedco

If I dont get anything done in the morning probably wont happen in the afternoon either!  (never saw a headstone that said I spent to much time with my kids) They grow up fast!
Not many trees

terrifictimbersllc

19 of the above posts were made after noon, and 5 before. Looks like most get their important work done in the afternoon.  :P
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!