iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goals

Started by CCC4, February 05, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Everyone in life should have goals in life. The guys on here that know me or have followed my posts know that I have busted my rear end, have failed yet grown, lost yet gained. Well...I got my call fellas, I'm headed West. Evergreen, Co. I will be cutting a large fire break and Big Horned sheep habitat at high elevation. This job should lead to tramping with this guy in NoCal. I'm gonna have a tough go at it...but I'm tougher than a pine knot and I'm gonna apply myself.

I'm going to kinda make a recorded journal out of this thread with pics and stuff. I'm a little sad, scared and excited all at the same time. I will prevail!!

Jeff

This will be great! No doubts from your past posts that you will do very well. You sound excited, therefore I guarantee your Forestry Forum buds are excited for you. :)  Just don't forget us little people ans stay away from those west coast politickers. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Savannahdan

Excited for you.  I like adventures and it sounds like you're headed to your next one.  Good luck.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

leeroyjd

Good for you! Always enjoy your posts.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

How long will that job last?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mills

Have at it boy!

I can't wait. This is gonna be fun.

smiley_beertoast

Offthebeatenpath

Good luck with your adventure Clint.

I have no doubt that you will have success and hardship, probably similar to Arkansas but in a new setting.  Your skill and determination will get you through just like it has so far.  There's a heck of a lot more money in Summit/Jefferson Counties, CO than in most places in Arkansas. I'm sure your experience will set you apart from most fallers out there.

Keep us posted!

Jed
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

newoodguy78

Good luck and stay safe. And also congratulations.

shortlogger

Good luck ! And take it easy in that high elivation till you get used to it .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

BargeMonkey

Good luck, it's always interesting to read about your experiences and skill handcutting the tough stuff. 👍

Ed_K

Way to go, you've been wanting to go west. Good luck  8) .
Ed K

CCC4

Than you guys!! I'm so dang nervous!! Getting a few last minute things done and I'm on my way this evening!! I have a pretty good drive ahead of me for sure.

Little concerned about how quick I level out the high altitude affects...but I know a lot of guys around here that elk hunk in Colorado and haven't heard of them having much trouble.

shortlogger

It mostly just gives me a headache for a day or two . Depending on how high you go , it's not to bad till you get 9000+ the biggest deal is you just don't have as much air to take in so if you push a little to hard going up a steep hill it's hard to catch your breath agin . It won't take long to learn to pace yourself. You just don't need to got straight from Arkansas and stay at 10,000' the first day . If your working up high it's best if you can go to a lower elavation to stay at night if you have any issues but most people adjust fine so I wouldn't worry to much .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

BradMarks

Jeff:  Dare I say time for a little geography lesson ;D  Colorado is not West Coast, although it is liberal leaning. In fact Colorado is east of the Rockies. But don't ask me where Michigan is :D

barbender

CCC4 also said the job would "lead to tramping with this guy in NoCal" ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Autocar

Hope you have great success what a experience  very exciting for sure.
Bill

OH logger

congrats and keep us posted and well supplied with photos!!  ;)
john

Grandpa

Best of luck to you.

nativewolf

Quote from: BradMarks on February 06, 2017, 04:09:55 PM
Jeff:  Dare I say time for a little geography lesson ;D  Colorado is not West Coast, although it is liberal leaning. In fact Colorado is east of the Rockies. But don't ask me where Michigan is :D

Actually the Rockies go right through the state, 1/3 of water goes to Pacific and 2/3 to Gulf of Mexico.  Thus the Conti divide. 
It will do you good to get out there, fresh start and all.  You enjoy it, keep an open mind, smoke a bit- helps with the altitude issues :)

Lots of dead wood in California so lots of work for cutters in the next 2 years.  Loosen up and hang tight and enjoy.
Liking Walnut

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: nativewolf on February 06, 2017, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: BradMarks on February 06, 2017, 04:09:55 PM

Actually the Rockies go right through the state, 1/3 of water goes to Pacific and 2/3 to Gulf of Mexico.  Thus the Conti divide. 
It will do you good to get out there, fresh start and all.  You enjoy it, keep an open mind, smoke a bit- helps with the altitude issues :)

Lots of dead wood in California so lots of work for cutters in the next 2 years.  Loosen up and hang tight and enjoy.

Hey, I take offense to that...  Oh, wait, you mean trees... :D

I work at 5800' on my cabin, coming up from 600' where I live.  When I was doing it 2 or 3 days a week, the first 2 days of the summer were tiring but then I was good after that if I was up at least twice a week.  It was a little humorous to see visitors get winded walking up the hill next to me as I was carrying my chainsaw or something and not breathing hard.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Maine logger88

Awesome! Sounds like it will be cool! Looking forward to the pics!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BradMarks

Yeah, my bad :laugh:  Here I am thinking Denver is Colorado!  Not really, but it is great to see people can take a ribbing and keep on ticking.  Lots of snow this year in our mountains(Cascades), thinking the Rockies too. Got snowshoes?

Jeff

Everything on the other side of Lake Michigan is west coast.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

enigmaT120

Funny.  To me everything east of the Cascades is Back East.  Good thing I don't live in HI or the western parts of AK.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!