iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Titles.

Started by Jeff, February 05, 2017, 11:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

Big sis gave me my title... Slow Children  :D

caveman

The school system that I work for is relatively large, with about 110,000 students enrolled.  We have had a lot of turmoil within the district office and with our school's administration over the past few years.  We are continuously bombarded by e-mails, mostly from people who are creating work for us in order to justify their jobs.  The titles and accomplishments below their names at the bottom of their emails is amusing.  Many of the most accomplished and most competent only sign with their names.  Conversely, many of the inept include a list of titles below their names.

One of my good friends, who has been working at a different school for the past 12 years, decided to add "ASG"
below his name on all of his emails.  He even has it embroidered on some of his clothing.  I do not think anyone other than myself has ever questioned him about it.  When I asked him what the title "ASG" stood for, he replied,
"Agri Science Guru".  He is a very good ag teacher but I would hardly consider him a guru.  I do appreciate his sarcasm.  I am sure we will contrive several solutions to the district's numerous problems over the next several days while we are at the state fair.

If you really want to open a can of worms (old saying), let us change the topic from titles to "entitled".
Caveman

breederman

I think we must have a whole department that does nothing but think up and change job titles,and acronyms my previous job title changed so often that I quit paying attention . I called my manager one time about an email regarding some acronym and asked him who these people were. He said "you " :D
I like my current job title " ln delivery driver " ,simple and to the point. I did ask and was rejected if we could change it to "whipping boy " though .
Together we got this !

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: breederman on February 09, 2017, 08:12:49 AM. I did ask and was rejected if we could change it to "whipping boy " though .

Is "Scapegoat" still available?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roxie

Quote from: breederman on February 09, 2017, 08:12:49 AM
I think we must have a whole department that does nothing but think up and change job titles,and acronyms my previous job title changed so often that I quit paying attention . I called my manager one time about an email regarding some acronym and asked him who these people were. He said "you " :D
I like my current job title " ln delivery driver " ,simple and to the point. I did ask and was rejected if we could change it to "whipping boy " though .

I once told my friends, "If your sweetheart has the word 'sexing' on his hat, and you're not upset, you might be in love with a farmer." 
Say when

Jeff

We'll stick with titles for the title.
My original thoughts had to do with one looking at themselves, not how others look at you. There is no way to control that other than by how you look at yourself.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

breederman

Roxie , I laughed out loud ! Since "They" Have all the money in the industry these days , we may all be wearing that hat soon . :(
Together we got this !

azmtnman

Quote from: Jeff on February 09, 2017, 09:53:34 AM
We'll stick with titles for the title.
My original thoughts had to do with one looking at themselves, not how others look at you. There is no way to control that other than by how you look at yourself.
smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
  In that case, I am simply a "Mountain Man."
  Although my life looks very little like my title's namesake, it describes my very inner being--and it has since I was too young to see it myself. I was told as a youngster I was born 100 years too late and way too far east! (born and raised in Indiana) :D
   I love mountains, trees and critters and all things far from "civilization." It reminds me how small and insignificant I am and that there is a power that created every glorious sight and adventure I experience when I am there.
   While my title is who I am, my PURPOSE is to share that with others so they can know their "title" and the Creator of all they see.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Ox

If this is about how we see ourselves, then I'm a very, very misunderstood, good hearted, honest, loyal hillbilly/mountain man/hermit looking fella that can't speak well on the spot which makes me look like I'm soft in the head to those who don't truly know me.

From the outside looking in from others' perspectives I'm the, uh, jerk of a hermit who doesn't socialize with my backstabbing neighbors if I can help it.  ;D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Don P

I'm sticking with Slow Children  :)

redprospector

Around my little outfit, I'm known as The Stud Duck.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!