iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

equipmenttrader.com

Started by jd540b, February 05, 2017, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd540b

Hello all.  Just figured I'd post an FYI.  I just sold one of my skidders via craiglist.  I was doing some window shopping this morning and i'll be DanG if I didn't find my exact ad with pictures and everything on this equipmenttrader.com site selling MY SKIDDER!!!  apparently last night someone came and hauled it from Maine to Wayne, WI where it can be viewed I called "Construction Equipment Station" at the number listed to "inquire about it"....got a message.   Anyway-just passing along if anyone is looking at a machine via these folks...chances are its a hoax.. 

Woodhauler

No its most likely not a hoax, if the get a buyer for it then they will try and buy it off you and make a profit. If you check , most if not all the stuff listed is not theres.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

jd540b

Actually it was.  I called them and they are NOT legally allowed to post equipment without permission.  The person who contacted them was not legit

Woodhauler

Quote from: jd540b on February 05, 2017, 11:19:31 AM
Actually it was.  I called them and they are NOT legally allowed to post equipment without permission.  The person who contacted them was not legit
There is a guy in bangor that sells equipment the same way. Don't think anyone would fork over any money till they see the stuff in person.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

luvmexfood

We sold a hay baler at a farm equipment auction couple of years ago. By that night it was listed on Craigslist for $600 more than it sold for at the auction. That's how some people make a living. All I say is when buying equipment off Craigslist buyer beware.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

BargeMonkey

I had some pictures of my forwarder get used off a site in a "for sale ad" a few yrs ago. There are a couple of those equipment dealers who have themselves in serious hot water right now for taking deposits on machines and when the guy sends a truck the machine doesn't exist. I caught one a few months ago trying to sell a burned up dozer on FB, the add clearly said it was a burned machine on Craigslist and this guy swore up and down it wasn't the same machine. There's 2-3 of them who advertise on machinery trader who need to be drug out back and beaten. 😂

petefrom bearswamp

Had this happen last summer when i was selling my friends Garrett Weldco skidder.
After it was sold, my neighbor logger showed me a copy of the Equip trader with the ad in it, verbatum from my CL ad pics and all.

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!