Maine Cabin Masters

Started by Dewey, February 04, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewey

Maine Cabin Masters is a Cabin restoration show on DIY network. They came to my Mill to buy some lumber for a upcoming episode earlier this fall.... It was a really kool experience they wired myself and my sawyer for sound and filmed all pieces of equipment in operation....
Not sure how much of Dewey's Lumber will be on the episode that airs 2/13 10 EST but I'm hoping the exposure will add $$$$  8)

Bruno of NH

I like the show
The sister is a little to loud for me :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

drobertson

I would do it!!!! I love the show watch when I can,  down to earth on the episodes I've watched,  crazy fun!!!!! Man just a tad envious ya know!  You can't get there from here!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

btulloh

Good show.  I'll be interested to see if the exposure brings you some business.

One thing I'm curious about on the show though:  The budget they work on is pretty small for the amount of time and materials that go into one of the restorations.  I'd like to get someone to do some work for me at that rate.
HM126

drobertson

Recorded it last night!  Killer operation there man, know one thing for sure, can't get there from herea! Lol
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WLC

Is there any way to watch it online.  Our cable provider doesn't have it in the line up.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

breederman

I watched 2 or three episodes last night but fell asleep before Deweys premier.  :(
Together we got this !

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

btulloh

It was good.  Good looking sawmill operation.  They should have spent more time at the sawmill though.  Of course they get a lot done in 60 minutes with 20 minutes off for commercial breaks.
HM126

Klicker

The link doesn't work in Canada. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Mooseherder

They do a lot of work with minimal budgets for each Camp I've seen.  Whole lot of value there.  Nice Mill Site Dewey! :)

Dewey

Thanks !!!  Ya I wish they could have had a little more air time.... for all the filming they did,
I figured they would have showed more mill operation. But I suppose it wasn't a show for Dewey's...  Not sure if it will bring in much $$$... I have noticed Face Book says I've had over 50 new view in the last 20 hours....  that's more than normal !! I guess I will have to do more updating LOL.. Although it was a none paying job they did leave the Drone guy here to do some shots around so at some point I will update my website as well...

4x4American

Very cool, wish I could have caught it on TV...the channel is called DIY network is it?

Do you know what episode it is called?
Boy, back in my day..

Mooseherder

The episode was called "A Cabin for the Bride."

Skip

Saw Deweys episode last night, sweeet set-up. Good job Dewey ! Good show

richhiway

I watched it on demand. good for you! hpe it gives you some business.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

aigheadish

Dragging this topic back up because I just subscribed to Discovery+ a few weeks ago and I've been watching a lot of Maine Cabin Masters. I was really hoping they were visiting the mill of someone here, so it's neat to see they did! Maybe a few different ones? I think I've seen the show brought up in a couple different threads so we'll see if anyone else got a visit too.

I really like the show. It's maybe the only "reality" show on which the stars seem to laugh and have fun, with minimal dramatization for effect. It's quite refreshing, even if it's more or less the same idea over and over. 

Nice mill @Dewey ! I'll have to go watch that part again!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Dewey

I still do work for them,,, Gotta say what you see is how they are ... A great bunch to work with..

kantuckid

We like that bunch a lot. It's a fun TV trip to ME and some more sensible reality TV than the stuff seen in other DIY type shows. I have no need to watch people take a sledgehammer to a wall but do enjoy the Maine bunch and hope they'll have some new episodes this fall. They are a great advocate for ME forest industries and using real local woods to re-do those old cabins. I do get bumfuzzled seeing that many are not so remote and surrounded by more people than live in my area with mostly no ponds or lakes around.
Yes, the sister is zany but she's also a cute, honest rendition of an artsy gal who enjoys life and I can easily tolerate her antics. 
The show leaves us wondering how many people turn over the entire re-do of a cabin to someone elses taste? I could never do that, nor my wife as we have too much of our own thinking that must be involved. Plus I don't hire people to build my stuff anyway.  :D Seems like a helpless approach to life to give them the keys then come back to whatever? Sure not our style. 
BTW, I love ME! it's kind of like Kentucky moved further north. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Several times Log Home builders have sought me out to split logs and saw odd stuff.  I have never charged them anything and they have always tipped me more than I would have ever charged.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

aigheadish

Thanks for sharing the video Jeff! 

The sister makes me laugh and she's a great sport to be putting up with all the guy's grief. I love how they send her to the roof or the sketchy parts of the cabins first. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

repmma

What i want to know is who buys a camp with a Caboose on it??

Oh yeah.  Me.  :D 

Wife was just happy to get the place renovated and she knows my timeline was going to be years what with every other project/pipe dream i have haha.  
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

BandsawBen

Repmma that was your place in that episode? That's super cool!! I for the 1st time this summer hired others to do work for me because I just can't get it all done by my lonesome. At first I was a little ashamed, but too see what I did this summer with my hired help is impressive. 

repmma

Yeah its one of the few things ive contracted out, whatever its done.  Ive got plenty of other projects, never and end to them really.  At least a pile of my lumber went into it for framing and boarding up!
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.