iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boot Hook

Started by WV Sawmiller, January 31, 2017, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Okay I confess. Sometimes when you get old and fat it is harder to get a pair of tight fitting boots on. Many good boots have a handy loop in the back but I always wondered why they were too small to get my finger in. I later found they are designed for use with a boot hook. The last time I had to go to NW Fla where I grew up I made a quick trip across the state line to The Flomaton Shoe Shop where you can still get good quality boots and shoes and not just those pointy toed roach stompers they sell in the more urban places. I found and bought a pair of these. I started to get the short pair but let the store owner talk me into the longer ones. The short ones would really have worked fine for me. I wondered why they sell them in pairs as there is only one loop in the back. I found the reason they come in pairs is they are more often used with cowboy/riding boots which do have loops on each side. If you don't have a pair you just don't know yet how bad you really need them.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

dsgsr

I like this because I resemble the Fat Part ;D

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

coxy

:D :D :D roach stompers  :D :D

WV Sawmiller

Coxy,

Yeah. The pointed toes so you can stomp the roaches in the corners.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

I remember the first time I went to FL and seen the biggest roaches I ever saw told my GF then that is now my wife  :)  I'm going back to NY  a few of those would carry a human away they sounded like a 22short going off when you stomped on them  :)

47sawdust

Hey Coxy,
Did you just call your wife a witch?Hope she likes the name :D :D.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, I think you are talking about the famous Palmetto Bugs. When my son was 10 he went with me to Old Town Fla to meet my dad where he grew up for a fishing trip. Son found a big plastic roach and bought it and took it home and had fun with months scaring his mom. He'd put it in a canister of rice, flour or grits or a box of cereal or such and my wife would have a heart attack every time it showed up. She hates bugs. Would rather bait a fish hook with a nasty worm than a cricket.
Howard Green

Chuck White

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
Coxy,

Yeah. The pointed toes so you can stomp the roaches in the corners.

And climbing a chain-link fence!   8)   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kcwoodbutcher

I've got those things lying all over the barn.  The girls use them for their riding boots. They'll work as a poor mans hay hook in a pinch.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

coxy

Quote from: 47sawdust on January 31, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
Hey Coxy,
Did you just call your wife a witch?Hope she likes the name :D :D.
I wont tell if you don't  :D

Thank You Sponsors!