iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nancy's Hall Table

Started by Andy White, January 31, 2017, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Next in line is a hall table for Nancy. This one will require some of that Magic Walnut. Pulled some off the shelf, and found one with sapwood on both edges. Pretty, but not wide enough. Found a good grain match, and cut a filler strip for the center. Ripped the wide board in half after trimming edges on the jointer. Glued the center strip to the edge pieces, and let it sit in clamps all night. This morning was smoothing and edging to final size. I used the hand planes and winding sticks to get it really flat. Checked with straight edge and light to assure total flatness both ways. Maybe it will stay this way.  Next was cut leg stock and layout for mortices  for stringers and front apron. This one has laminated legs for forming notches for lower shelf. Thinking of building some small

drawers for this one Now pictures.

This new table sure does make things easier on this old fat man!!!       Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Martha White Nelson

Dang, Andrew!!!  Getting those projects rolling fast!!  The table is going to be beautiful,  as all the things you make are!! 
Martha

Hilltop366

Magicman

That's some purdy lumber.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Yesterday started well with edging and gluing panels for ends and front and back. Had all the leg sections glued and ready to go. Cut mortices for panel tennons in all four legs. Two in each. Now for fitting end panels. Glued up nthe panel long enough to cut both 8" panels from the one plank. My bad! two 8" panels with 1" of tennons is 18-1/8" and not 16-1/8"!!  I got one out of it and now will have to make one for the right end. Front and rear fit really well, and now I will have to build three small drawers for the front. Nancy wants them, and she will get them.  I will really have to be good on these, they will be hand cut, half blind dovetails and flush fit in the face panel. Lots of sugar for a dime again, but it should be fun. Also I will have to design and install drawer guides for them. Probably some cherry strips waxed really well. Now pictures.

More when I get something done.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Den Socling

You can never have too many clamps and looking at your wall, I see you agree.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!