iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Washers, clothes washers battle

Started by drobertson, January 30, 2017, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Well bout 8 years ago after our old reliable gave up we got the duets with tax return money,  thinking it was 1300 or better for the pair, well now the f11 code is showing up intermittently communication error code, well laundry room is tight quarters, my flexibility even tighter these days, got to the trouble shooting tech sheet ran the the two diagnostic test and they ran intermittent, I reckon the fellow from NH on you tube is my last resort unless any of you folks have dealt with this before,  replacement part is around 300 bucks, x 2 maybe ecu and the MCU  sure wish they made the old style timers on new machines,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Let me just jump in here to say how much I HATE my LG washer.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

21incher

We hate our LG also. Check out the thread about Speed Queen from a couple months ago.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

DanG g wiz! Didn't think of a search, L, I was just taking a break thought I would throw it out there, thanks I'll search it now,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Quote from: 21incher on January 30, 2017, 01:57:04 PM
We hate our LG also. Check out the thread about Speed Queen from a couple months ago.  :)

I was a part of that thread. Just want to make my displeasure known whenever possible about my LG washer and Englander wood stove in hopes I can save someone else from making the same mistakes.

drobertson

If y'all saw me laughing now!! I was in it too haaaa haaaa, my o my how the tides roll, well I ain't calling a repair guy, the last diag test went through, I reckon I'll dig through my spring summer clothes and give it go, again,  mercy, getting off the floor ain't as easy as it use to be, haa !!

coxy

I make my wife wash clothes on an old was board  :-\

Kbeitz

Wow... Google says there is 677,427 reviews of dislike on LG
washers. Ouch...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

just joking about the wash board  if I did that id be in a concrete vault  :D :D  wonder how many dislikes are on a wash board

sawguy21

She hears that she will be using that wash board on you. :D We had two LG flat screen tv's in six weeks, finally spent the extra dollars for a Samsung. The dealer told us they had cancelled further orders for that model because of all the problems.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chop Shop

Why does an appliance need a computer/ecu?

Don P

To more accurately time the self destruct sequence to the warranty.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kbeitz

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 31, 2017, 05:40:34 AM
So what is an LG

I think it stands for lawn & Garden ornament.... That's all there good for.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Don P

:D Lucky-Goldstar a South Korean electronics co, they bought Zenith I think. They make appliances, they don't work worth a flip, but they have pretty plastic figured out.

drobertson

I agree with the pre determined self destruct mode,  found out had it happened in Oct I would beable to join a class action that was available three makes were in this suit, LG is one of them,  Whirlpool and another, bottom line I like the old school mech timers, they worked

paul case

Buy a Maytag. They are the dependability people. ;D

Unless you just like dong the washer/dryer changeout. I wondered why some brands dont put handles built in to the machines with as much as you have to move them in and out. Moving the washer outside for a working on while it is full of water is my pet peeve.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

A garden hose will siphon it out. 

Which reminds me of a story about a guy that didn't know that you could siphon water.  He thought that gas was the only thing that would siphon.  True story!   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mburrow

terrifictimbersllc

If you think LG is bad try Kenmore Calypso. >:( >:( >:(
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Raider Bill

Mine is buried by the dryer with both on top of a pedestal and blocked by a shower stall so in order to get the washer out dryer has to go first. It's a wrestling match.
Next time which will be soon I'm going back to a top load with a crank control and no electronics.

Maybe I'll take Roxie shopping with me.  ;)

coxy

I'm with you on the top load     some people don't understand when I tell them I don't care if it uses 200gal of water a load its free to me  :)

drobertson

Update, tweeked the plug connection, have solder iron on the ready, did haul in a buck and change in change in the filter trap, haa breaking for noon news before trial run, all the danG clothes are clean! Not sure what to wash?

21incher

Quote from: drobertson on January 31, 2017, 12:57:06 PM
Update, tweeked the plug connection, have solder iron on the ready, did haul in a buck and change in change in the filter trap, haa breaking for noon news before trial run, all the danG clothes are clean! Not sure what to wash?
Glad it is working again. My wife always does the sheets, blankets, and towels next. ;D ;D ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

Its running, oh here goes the spin cycle now, I believe its a slight wear factor due to vibrations during the spin on the plug connection, time will tell shortly, it made it through the first spin, 7 min past the last point of failure,

Thank You Sponsors!