iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This ThermoWood. It's no exotic woods.

Started by serg, January 29, 2017, 01:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Hello friends!
I'm working on a collection of elements of the staircase of thermo. African forest ban the export. ThermoWood replacement is very good.
I used this collection of thermo ash, hornbeam, beech.
Used the oil.
Your opinion on work?

Sergey.

kelLOGg

I don't know what ThermoWood is but your work is beautiful.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Don P

I think this is the process?
http://www.thermowood.fi/classification

If it's the same material, I've run into it in wood window parts recently. It is supposed to dimensionally stabilize the wood and make it less susceptible to fungal attack. Basically a high temp kiln schedule?

Den Socling

Absolutely beautiful, Sergey. I'll try to meet with you in Toronto.

We built a couple kilns that did thermal modification. You have to get the wood very hot and it has to be in a vacuum to prevent combustion.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Den,  The wood has to be in a "no oxygen" atmosphere.  With the lack of oxygen, the wood will char, but not combust, even though temperatures are around 450 F.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Ox

:o Wow - I've never seen its equal.  Very nice work - you should be proud of yourself.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Den Socling

Gene, I used liquid ring vacuum pumps. Chamber pressure is very low but it's not a condition of zero oxygen.

longtime lurker

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Den Socling

Sergey, I replied to you email. If you don't get it, let me know here.

serg

Thanks for the great feedback friends! I always knew the American guys are great people!!! Dan, I received Your e-mail. Finns founders of thermo. There are several technologies for the thermo, my Finnish is different from others. My vacuum chamber is a function of heat treatment delivered in Canada, Toronto. I'm waiting for a visa. We have different frequency of electricity Dan will make a great setting where two technologies in one camera. The air threat to the thermo. At a temperature of 120 - 185 С  is the excess pressure, air and products of combustion of sugar is squeezed out of the chamber.
Sorry for bad English.

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

serg

ellmoe Thanks for the feedback! Thank you to all the forum members!
My opinion is that this technology is the present and future time.
My house is built on the technology "Timberframe".
Window , frame, gazebo made of dry wood with heat treatment, the adhesive is not applied. 4 years I have been watching the shrinkage, shrinkage, fungus and mold, all is well. I buried pine thermo in the ground, covered with sand constantly look for the result, the second sample buried hornbeam T processing 185 p looks Good. I'm doing experiments in your home. When I see the result, I'm telling You the truth.
Shoot video, so it is better to look death in oak beetles!

Sergey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZ9OSRSnuk

Thank You Sponsors!