iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Schools

Started by Ron Scott, April 04, 2002, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Louisiana State University

The Louisiana State University School of Forestry, Wildlife, and Fisheries has changed its name to the School of Renewable Natural Resources.

The name change is to allow the school to grow in new directions. In addition to the name change the school is planning new studies in ecological restoration, human demensions, forest products, wetland science, and conservation biology.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Virginia Tech College of Natural Resources

It had announced that it is expanding its urban forestry program. The college cites the nationwide interest in and growing demand for professional urban foresters and arborists.

There is an increased awareness of the valuable benefits trees provide in regard to air quality, storm management, and energy efficiency.
~Ron

Bud Man

My son is close to a degree in Urban Management with a lot of significance in air quality and tree species tolerant to pollution .Summer 2002 Graduates !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tom

Budman,
My idea of an Urban Manager is a D9 operator.   :D

Bud Man

Tom  I think his mind runs about that way too, he can run a D9 .  Degree is good to have ( His mama's Idea) but I hope he'll listen to his old man a little and will take this mill, to be, off my hands in a few years.  I hope I can empty some of my lifetime Forestry and woods knowledge on him.  Seems to go hand in hand, will see. ;)  I never was able to make a living working for the man, always punched my own clock, more fun and more rewarding. ;)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Ron Scott

The Biltmore Forest School was the first school of forestry in North America. It was founded by Carl A. Schenck in 1898 on George W. Vanderbilt's Biltmore estate near Ashville, NC. The school grounds are now part of the Pisgah National Forest in the area known as the Cradle of Forestry.
~Ron

Pulphook

Nice Ron. PBS had a documentary on this and the origins of Forestry ed and training.
Some Consulting Foresters we know feel that the Western fires are a result of the lack of proper Forestry science managing woodlands and development.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

Thank You Sponsors!