iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made a quick batch of chili last night

Started by Woodcutter_Mo, January 26, 2017, 12:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

Yesterday I got the urge to cook a pot of chili. A quick glance in the cupboard revealed that I had the makings for a batch.
I browned 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground pork. After I drained that I added about 1-1/2 chopped various colored bell peppers, 1/2 half of a chopped onion, and a few chopped mushrooms.
After the veggies were cooked, I had 4 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of "chili ready" diced tomatoes, one can of diced tomatoes and green mild chili's, and 2 cans of black beans. I put 2 of the cans of tomatoes and 1 can of black beans in the blender and ground them up and added it all to the pot. Then added some various spices a fair amount of Louisiana hot sauce and let it cook down for a while.
I thought it turned out prety good, had a fair kick of heat but not overpowering. I personally added a pinch of home grown Carolina reaper flakes to each bowl I ate though :o ;D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

sawguy21

Now yer talkin' 8) Just chop up them bell peppers fine enough that I can't see them. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Woodcutter_Mo

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 26, 2017, 10:18:15 PM
Now yer talkin' 8) Just chop up them bell peppers fine enough that I can't see them. :D

In that case, the good ol' blender would probably "blend" them bell peppers right in  ;D. That's what I have to do with onions if my brother is going to be eating my cooking, usually works unless I add to much and the onions make themselves prety obvious   :D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Thank You Sponsors!