iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Toy

Started by redprospector, March 23, 2017, 07:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

I took on a little thinning/mastication job in the mountains the other day. I use my Bobcat on these jobs, problem is, I use my Bobcat as a forklift at the mill. If I shut the mill down while I do a thinning job or two I have to start all over when I fire it back up.
So I bought this.

My log loader is down, and I had a load of logs coming in today. I asked him to unload them at his yard because I didn't want to tie up one of his trucks while I figured out how to run this contraption.
I picked up the logs with a gooseneck. I'm starting to get it figured out.
One of 3 loads hauled.

We'll see how it turns out.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

sprucebunny

Cool !!!

Is it a Lull or something else ?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

redprospector

It's a 73 International. It'll lift 38' high, but not very far in front of you. 😉
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

brianb88

Congrats on the new toy..err, I mean tool.  8)

That's an interesting design. We use extend-a-boom forklifts all the time at work but the mast doesn't have the chain lift like yours. Occasionally we use an industrial style forklift with a fixed mast that does have the chain lift but doesn't have the 4 wheel drive capability. I have never seen one quite like that.

What is the lift capacity if you don't mind me asking?
Measure twice, cut once

barbender

That should work really well around the mill yard.
Too many irons in the fire

redprospector

Quote from: brianb88 on March 23, 2017, 09:27:52 PM
Congrats on the new toy..err, I mean tool.  8)

That's an interesting design. We use extend-a-boom forklifts all the time at work but the mast doesn't have the chain lift like yours. Occasionally we use an industrial style forklift with a fixed mast that does have the chain lift but doesn't have the 4 wheel drive capability. I have never seen one quite like that.

What is the lift capacity if you don't mind me asking?
The book says 4000#. The first thing I moved with it was a bundle of 21-4x12x16' green Ponderosa Pine (I think that's a little over 4K). I lifted it 12'. It does have a pucker factor, which would explain the outriggers.
Oh yeah, not only does it have 4 wheel drive capability, it has 3 steering options, including crab.

redprospector

Quote from: barbender on March 23, 2017, 10:51:15 PM
That should work really well around the mill yard.
That's what I'm hoping for.
I spent my roof money on this thing. But I think it'll make it back pretty quick.

Brucer

It certainly looks like a versatile machine.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Kbeitz

First forklift that I have seen with outriggers on it.
Looks like a nice unit.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

bandmiller2

Red, that must be the forerunner to the Lull. There is a learning curve with a machine like that as your usually lifting around trucks, buildings, and people. Practice, practice, practice. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

redprospector

Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 24, 2017, 07:09:42 AM
Red, that must be the forerunner to the Lull. There is a learning curve with a machine like that as your usually lifting around trucks, buildings, and people. Practice, practice, practice. Frank C.
Yes sir, there will be a learning curve. But I'm starting to get the hang of it.
It doesn't have the extendable boom like some of the newer stuff has, but the entire lift arm assembly shifts forward 4'. It's really a pretty neat machine, but I'm really slow with it right now.

Deese

That's just too cool.  8)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!