iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by slider, January 22, 2017, 09:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I have broken 2 chain adjusters on our 461 in a week.I know i am not over tightening the chain.I am speaking of the L bracket that the screw goes thru.Any ideas.
al glenn

Bigredfaller

When you tighten the chain do you rely on the tensioner to lift the bar? I have seen it where the tensioner failed from repeatedly being not over tightened but over stressed. Put your tip on the stump and lift up slightly on your pistol grip to get it into its happy place as you tighten your chain.
Husky 390's 36"-42", 05 duramax, Norwood Lumber mate 2000, Timberjack 225

SawTroll

The bar tip should be lifted up when final tensioning of the chain and bar nuts is done - or you can turn the saw upside down and let gravity do it (don't let the bar rest on anything).
Information collector.

joe_indi

One of the few ways you can get to break that 'L' bracket (tensioner slide) is when the two nuts that hold the cover and the bar in position are not tight enough. Pressure from the chain, bar and the wood which are to be withstood by the two studs and their nuts are instead transferred to that little stub on that bracket.
Something would then give way with the load.

Texas-Jim

Also if the drive sprocket is badly worn it can break it.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

OH logger

or the saw kicked back hard
john

slider

thanks    for the replies.I do lift the bar before tightening the chain.I will check the drive sprocket.
al glenn

slider

Joe got it right.The studs came out with the cover.
I am thinking i had a stud getting loose when i broke the first one.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!