iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

from one part of "The Glaciated North"

Started by Grizzly, January 20, 2017, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

MM gets concerned  ;) about us northerners so I thought I'd share a scene of how we do good times in winter. Only one child on the ice yet but several more were headed there.

2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Magicman

And all that I have to look at is green grass that will soon need cutting.  It's 72°F here right now.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DelawhereJoe

Thats a nice pond and no mosquitoes.....I love no mosquitoes.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

GAB

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on January 20, 2017, 07:28:25 PM
Thats a nice pond and no mosquitoes.....I love no mosquitoes.

No snakes & No skeeters.
Life is good.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

OntarioAl

No snakes chiggers ticks mosquitoes all those critters that want to bite ya stab ya or stick ya  ;D
Dress warm and you will actually get use to it.
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on January 20, 2017, 01:32:07 PM
And all that I have to look at is green grass that will soon need cutting.  It's 72°F here right now.   :D

mm i notice the crabgrass has started growing already here :-\ i hope it cools off enough to keep timber from budding. it done this about 6-8 yrs ago and had a hard freeze in early march and ruined alot of the timber :( seems like the hickory suffered the most with over 1/2 of the crowns of killed  anything less than 1 1/2" dia died and fell out was a mess for a year or 2 but the trees did over come it but even now there is alot 24-30" inch trees with a crown less than 30' in dia :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

I just took this picture from my back window.

The light spots in the center is rain water.  There are three daffodils showing at the top center.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

With some difficulty I plowed a trail to the travel trailer through almost a foot of heavy wet snow, the weather has turned quite mild. We have a 4wd Kubota SCUT with an fel and chains on the front wheels as well as rear diff lock but it struggled for traction. I am more than ready for spring.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

I assure you, if I start talking about my weather here - you all won't want to hear about it. Pretty much 82 F year round, except for cold snaps, that get down to 72 F.

I grew up in Western NY - and camped in the Adirondacks during the winter - I got enough snow to last a lifetime.  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

starmac

We had to make an emergency trip to Texas last december. We flew into San Antonio where the grass was still green and just a few trees were starting to turn. After driving 40 miles or so looking at green grass, my oldest daughter mentioned how sad it was, it was almost christmas and there was no sign of snow. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

DonT

I like winter,and outdoor rinks like that are the best places to play hockey.

Thank You Sponsors!