iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You eat...

Started by Magicman, January 19, 2017, 06:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Beets are interesting. I always told my mother I'd just as soon eat dirt as a beet. There was a piece on the radio one morning talking about it. They said some people taste dirt when they eat a beet and some taste the beet. Every few years I give them a try again but so far still dirt. We sure do change through time though. I've always liked onions, then all of a sudden after some serious gut problems I couldn't eat them, not even a little bit. A few months ago I tried them again by accident, I was on the road and stopped for lunch. When I realized it had onions I thought "this isn't going to go well" but it was fine. Whatever it was that caused that 5 or 6 year hiccup, I've changed again.

Brussel sprouts... I'm building a trebuchet  :D

Magicman

I watched someone nibble on a wild garlic shoot last week.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yea, and he chewed toothache tree bark too, just for fun. Back to the words of Mama.
"YOU WILL EAT IT,
AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

:D :D been down that road before

thecfarm

I posted what I have tried. BUT what gets me is the ones that like something and than try to tell me how good it is.  ::)   Might be good to them,but not to me. There might be somethings that I would have a hard time trying.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

We are having roasted Brussel sprouts for dinner, just butter and pepper on mine. I am willing to try just about anything, have found some things like sea urchin that looked and sounded gross but were actually quite good. Raw oysters went down but I much prefer them breaded or smoked. Just don't try to sneak bell peppers past my lips.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

21incher

I eat my pickled beets with smoked pickled herring.  Great combination.  sketti_1
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

I like pickled herring too but can't get it into the house. :D Karen being of Finnish/Norwegian descent was fed it as a kid, she goes green at the sight.

WDH

And to think that poor grits take such a bashing.  It is just plain out discrimination. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Czech_Made

Quote from: Jeff on January 21, 2017, 08:50:10 AM
One thing I've learned, is that as I get older my tastes change. I now eat Brussel sprouts. I tried pickled beets again  but I still hate those.

Funny you mentioned Brussel Sprouts.  When I was a kid, they used it to make burgers with or serve it like spinach.  Can't imagine the taste and smell. 

I tried to grill sprouts few years back, lets say 40 years later and I love them.  I even look  up new recipes - like bacon wrapped brussel sprouts (poor man scallops :))

coxy

they look gooood  digin_2  I know what I'm trying to night

fishpharmer

Quote from: coxy on January 22, 2017, 06:11:21 AM
they look gooood  digin_2 

I second that!  With a big pile of grits that would make a fittin meal (old saying) 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Bacon will make anything taste good.  (old saying)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

I like rutabaga.  They are also are known as swedes.  One of the main ingredients of pasties.   
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawguy21

We had them roasted along with spuds, carrots, onions, and garlic the other night. That was a fine meal with a slab of beef. 8).

Thank You Sponsors!