iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You eat...

Started by Magicman, January 19, 2017, 06:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Limburger cheese, Anchovies, Sauerkraut, and Corned Beef and then turn your nose up at Grits??   smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

Yeah, not enough flavor ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Quote from: Magicman on January 19, 2017, 06:06:53 PM
Limburger cheese, Anchovies, Sauerkraut, and Corned Beef and then turn your nose up at Grits??   smiley_dizzy

Now may I ask who is "you".
I myself do not like be grouped in to a bunch of non eaters than turn my nose up at grits. Just so you,magicman,knows,I have tried Sauerkraut,corned beef and grits. Non of them are on my plate now. Yes, I have a lifetime supply in the pantry of grits,but that was given to me as a token of friendship.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

at least your not talking about me cause I don't eat anchovies or that nasty corned beef stuff steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley

Raider Bill

Now everyone hates corned beef too?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

:D :D :D Nothing like a good Reuben sandwich but the meat has to be fresh. Don't give me that ersatz canned imitation.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I was in Mississippi for a week and never saw one of those grits of which you speak. I did eat anything placed within reach though..
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

Corned Beef is one of my favorite things to eat. :)

Jeff

Actually, of everything Magicman listed, I'd rather have grits.

coxy

jeff   all this time I though you where the only sane one here :D

Ianab

Reminds me of a picnic lunch we had on our road trip.

We stopped for lunch at the Tasman Glacier carpark, which is end of the road up in the Aoraki National Park, but a popular place. Anyway they have this massive timber picnic table there, sits about 20 people easily, so we were sharing it with several other groups.

Anyway sitting opposite us was this family from Europe. Not sure where as they didn't seem to have much English, maybe Italian? Anyway they had bread rolls, pesto, olives etc.  Over on our side we a making sandwiches with Marmite and chicken flavor potato crisps. A tasty and crunchy snack  ;D The tourists didn't know what to make of this  :D

Not sure if they were going to go and buy some Marmite, and try it. Or if it confirmed to them that the locals were nuts.  ::) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

I'm surprised that we don't have more marmite and vegemite debates.

Magicman

Maybe even kick in some Moxie!   :o

thecfarm

Moxie may be a Maine soda,but just beacuse it's made here don't mean I have to like it and tell everyone else how good it is.   :) ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 20, 2017, 01:43:09 PM
Corned Beef is one of my favorite things to eat. :)

I second that! With the exception of dollar store canned corn beef from Brazil (its more of a survival food, eat if that's all there is left).
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on January 20, 2017, 08:50:30 PMMoxie may be a Maine soda,but just beacuse it's made here don't mean I have to like it and tell everyone else how good it is.   :) ::)
But if you liked it, you would.   :D :D

Mooseherder

Got a couple Moxie Drinks this summer for me and a friend.  I didn't finish mine.  As it says on the label  "Distinctively Different".
Tastes like 90 percent Root Beer infused with an old shop rag that was soaking in a Roof Pitch pail.
It'll keep your sugar intake down.

Don P

I was working up in WI well north of my blood viscosity rating when the sparkies showed up with school fundraiser cheese. We were passing around samples and for the first time I tried Limberger. It was being roundly praised as smelling of old gym socks. I had to sneak by a few minutes later. "I'm going for a coke, but not cause I have to".... I had to! A Moxie couldn't have hurt a thing about then  :D

Ianab

This is the picnic table I mentioned.

Good sturdy cypress 12 x 4 (?). Not going to be worried about some winter snow or summer sun, or Marmite.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Jeff on January 20, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
I'm surprised that we don't have more marmite and vegemite debates.

thats probably because some of us have no idea what marmite or vegemite are ??? :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Czech_Made

Just do what I make my kids do - try the food once, if you dont like it, thats ok.  But  never turn your nose up saying I could never eat that.

Magicman

My sentiments exactly.

Jeff

One thing I've learned, is that as I get older my tastes change. I now eat Brussel sprouts. I tried pickled beets again  but I still hate those.

Mooseherder

We like Brussel sprouts also.  I cut them in half, sprinkle salt, Olive oil and some Mexican Cheese shred on them, wrap them in tin foil and cook them on the grill off to the side.  Good Stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!