iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Ma-Jeff-rical Visit

Started by Magicman, January 18, 2017, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I got a bunch to say and to add, but what the Magicman has not told you yet, that I was not in the best of sorts. I hope I'm not typhoid mary! I returned home about 11:15 last night after a 17 hour marathon drive. You can probably see in our feast photo that I'm pretty sick. Luckily it wasn't of the stomach variety so I was able to become an expert at downing mud bugs!  We just finished grinding Mr. Biggest Buck of my life into mostly burger, so it is back to bed for me. Turns out I have a fever too. Before I do that, I want to say in bit old letters

THANK YOU LYNN AND PAT (AND MARTY TOO)... FOR A TRIP I WILL NEVER FORGET AND WILL ALWAYS CHERISH!

Like I said, more to come. I may include how I had to beat up the Magicman to get his son Marty to officially join the forum! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weekend_Sawyer

Welcome back Jeff, hope you feel better.

I really like those horns, really dark.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on January 19, 2017, 11:21:10 AMI may include how I had to beat up the Magicman to get his son Marty to officially join the forum! ;)
Many of you have met Marty through my writings about traveling/hunting as well as sawing.  Well, Marty challenged Jeff that if he could "pin me" that he would finally change his status from Guest/Lurker to Member.  OK, I got pinned and that is all that I am going to say about that.

Here is a screenshot and proof that Marty is now an official Forestry Forum Member.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

From what Jeff has said, better get your shots, MM.   ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

I just returned from the Drug Store buying meds.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Heal up, lots of time to tell stories.  ;D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

This was a great pure hunt. No blind, no food plots, no bait. Just a pure plan playing the wind and the terrain where it came together to perfection. Well, in hind site. I thought I screwed up the shot the way that deer left the seen, but the shot was right on.

https://youtu.be/bLvOPJTlN1Q
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Can't complain there. Down right convenient. Great shot and not far to lug his carcass.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Den Socling

Magicman, I made this post earlier on another computer. I said I found tails-only here. http://www.lacrawfish.com/Crawfish-Tails-C32.aspx I mentioned that I couldn't figure out how they could season live crawfish until I figured out that they would send a pack of seasoning with live crawdads.  :D  Then I said that we would have to try some since we can put a hurtin' on a tray of shrimp. Then I mentioned how much I love bacon wrapped shrimp. Then, as far as I know, I ran to the house for dinner and forgot to push "post".  :D

Magicman

I fully understand not being able to get crawfish in PA.  Here we are so close to South Louisiana that trucks make the trip daily to supply us with live crawfish, which by the way is how they are cooked.  Any dead crawfish are discarded before the basket is lowered into the boiling & seasoned water.  (Like Lobster)  The crawfish are boiled for a designated amount of time and then the cooker burner is turned off and the pot of crawfish is allowed to soak in the seasoned water for about a half hour.  The procedure would be radically different with only tails.

WLC

Here is one place that ships live crawfish:  http://www.lacrawfish.com/Default.aspx  Shipping is the deal breaker for me.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Magicman

After reading and watching the videos on those links, I see that live crawfish are available almost anywhere.   :P

Den Socling

Both those links, tails-only and live crawfish, are the same company. They ain't cheap!

Thank You Sponsors!