iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Know We

Started by Autocar, January 16, 2017, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Been down this road before but I just had to vent ! Still trying to get stuff straightened out after that checking account fraud we had. I called a drug prescription place trying to get the billing straightened out I must have punched numbers in my phone a hundred times or more only to end up in a dead end after three times trying I snapped and went down to the shop and worked on the skidder for two hours or so then came back to try again. After a bunch of number punching some how I got a representive I believe the lady was from India and had trouble understanding her but finaly did get it taken care of. I understand we all came from somewhere but old people like me needs good english to hear and understand what there saying. Who ever idea to use numbers from a phone instead of a person is nuts as far as Iam concerened.
Bill

Bruno of NH

I hear ya
It drives me crazy
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Den Socling

Another super irritation is "your call is important to us. Please hold". Patti turns the speaker on and lays the phone down. It is incredible how long the phone can lay there before a human actually connects.  >:(

clearcut

GetHuman is a website that shows you how to get around long customer support phone menus. For a fee the will help resolve your issues. I've used the free option effectively.

https://gethuman.com/

When I get a foreign call center, I'll explain that I have a hearing problem (puts the blame on me), and could I speak with a different  representative or supervisor. They will bump you up to someone with more experience and less of an accent.

Another option is that many companies have a live chat option in their Contact Us web page. In a separate text document, I type up my issue, collect model and serial numbers, and even images if that may help. I find that collecting my thoughts helps make a better case. What is the issue, and how would I like it addressed. Log on to the live chat. Most give an estimate of how long before they can connect. If it's too long try later when it's likely to be less busy. Copy and paste your issue when the representative joins the chat.

If you save a copy of the live chat with copy and paste or email, you have a record of the company's response.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Sixacresand

Seems like the telephone reps that speak the best English are from billing and collection departments.  The worst are the ones when you initiate a call for service.  It's not only on the phone. I was looking for an item in a big store in Northern Virginia near DC and had to go to the service desk and ask them if they had any English speaking Americans employed that could help me.  After some broken English over the loud speaker, a redneck guy appeared who got what I needed.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

barbender

Sixacre, I know from experience that I can't understand Georgia redneck dialect much better than someone with an Indian accent :D
Too many irons in the fire

azmtnman

Quote from: Den Socling on January 16, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
Another super irritation is "your call is important to us. Please hold". Patti turns the speaker on and lays the phone down. It is incredible how long the phone can lay there before a human actually connects.  >:(
"Your call will be ignored in the order it was received!"
:D :D :D :D
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

rjwoelk

Well that is like today in wallmart went to the self check out bad idea never did fiqure them out, a youg fellow was there and asked if he could help, I GOT EYE ROLLED, well I lent him some very good advise, I told him if he could do no better than that he should quite. Man was I discussed with him.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

barbender

Those self checkouts are a great idea, if they worked. I have problems every time I try one.
Too many irons in the fire

clearcut

I was in line at the supermarket yesterday for 1 item. There were 8 self checkouts being used, and a line of 2 people waiting for the next open one.

I slipped into the 15 items or less line behind 4 people and watched. I was done before the guy I would have been behind at the self checks even got to a machine.

Had a pleasant brief chat with the checker.

Carbon sequestered upon request.

coxy

Quote from: barbender on January 17, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Those self checkouts are a great idea, if they worked. I have problems every time I try one.
I'm to dumb to use one  :)

breederman

They don't  give me a discount for checking myself out so i don't use them.
Together we got this !

Engineer

I'll use self-checkouts if I'm in a hurry, there's no line and I only have a few items.  The rest of the time I let the actual employees attempt to do their job.

Gearbox

I never wanted to work for WAL mart so I refuse to use self check out . I figure that by using one I am replacing a employee therefor I am one .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Kellyj

I use which ever lane gets me out of the store the quickest. If that means self checkout, so be it.
Many projects started, few finished.

Thank You Sponsors!