Bought myself another vintage toy!

Started by logman81, January 15, 2017, 10:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

So went and looked at a older international backhoe a few towns over from me yesterday. I believe it is the model 3600. So after looking it over and running it through the motions i decided i needed it lol. It has the the 92hp diesel with inclosed cab ,no heat but thats easy enough to put in. Has hydrostatic drive also. Needs some minor tinkering and such but should fit the bill for doing task around the wood yard. Came with set of forks and a plow that pins to the bucket.  I must love working on old junk lol!
Precision Firewood & Logging

Babylon519

Quote from: logman81 on January 15, 2017, 10:14:25 AM
I must love working on old junk lol!
Me too. Yesterday I bought a 1964 New Idea 402 hay rake. It's in decent working order, stored inside. I'll probably restore and paint the old girl as I usually do with these antiques. Kinda hurts to call it 'antique' - it's younger than I am!  :o
Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

logman81

Well false alarm guy call me this morning and confessed that it has transmission issues when warm and didn't feel right selling it to me. So on the hunt again!

Ox

Well, at least his honesty won out.  It's good to see some people can't do the wrong thing even when they want to.  I'd buy him a beer if I could.  I wish you luck on your search.  Maybe a quick call to a hydro shop will confirm if that hydro can't be just tuned up or adjusted or something?  It still might be a good deal...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Gearbox

I may get bit for this . I had a 3616 after a 580 case . You did your self a favor I did the head twice the second time with new valves and seats . Never had a harder starting diesel in my life . The hoe was xxxxx to run the only smile I had from that machine was the day it went away .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

logman81

Im definitely not going to purchase it. After doing closer research i found that it was a common problem with them and very expensive to fix.

s grinder

Yes the 3616 were famous for trans problems and breaking bull gears in final drives

Ed_K

I'm glad you posted reply #5, I was going to let you in on the nightmare 2400 int backhoe a boss in texas bought yrs ago. I swear you can't fix that hydro trans  >:( :( .
Ed K

Bert

I have a 3650 wheel loader. They are a nightmare. It has the d282 engine. It never started on a hot day let alone a cold one. The hydro transmission is garbage too. I put it in the weeds for the bees to live in.
Saw you tomorrow!

logman81

Well i finally bought a backhoe! Bought a 1988 case 580 e needs a little bit of work but the price was right and will be taking delivery Wednesday.

s grinder

Hey Logman81,How'd you make out with your mini skidder?

Drivadesl

Congrats on the new toy!  I always had a  hankering for a BHL, so definitly jealous. Be sure to post photos if you can.

logman81

Thanks for the congrats, the skidder is still in the process of getting the motor put back in ive ran into numerous complications with finding the parts. The motor is 99% complete just have to get the oil pan machined to fit the new motor then bolt that on and stab it back in.