iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Measuring cords from loggers

Started by james_a95, January 14, 2017, 10:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Not back wards, it's from 1 cunit to cords needed to make the cunit. Takes more cords to make a cunit. Solid cubic feet of wood is not the same as stacked cubic feet of wood with air.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

RHP Logging

Quote from: 1270d on January 26, 2017, 09:39:07 PM
Quote from: RHP Logging on January 26, 2017, 07:22:10 PM
Quote from: 1270d on January 22, 2017, 10:00:39 AM
You also said you give an extra cord on every load RHP.

I've never had complaints on volume. It's hard enough retaining. Customers right now. With propane so cheap and the pulp mills on serious quotas, the big operators are practically giving the wood away. I think it's foolish because I can still get the prices I got several years ago. Maybe because I've built a loyal customer base. Idk. How's the pulp market up there?

One day softwood is tight, the next it's wide open.  Everything is tightening up in general.  So far hardwood pulp has been steady.  Can't ship pine bolts till may.   We can't ship hardly anything anywhere, can't seem to find truckers.

You guys need actual drivers or trucks to go with them?
Buckin in the woods

Grandpa

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 28, 2017, 08:42:34 AM
Not back wards, it's from 1 cunit to cords needed to make the cunit. Takes more cords to make a cunit. Solid cubic feet of wood is not the same as stacked cubic feet of wood with air.
SD, my mistake. I should have had more coffee or something. stupid_smiley

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: RHP Logging on January 28, 2017, 08:55:22 AM
You guys need actual drivers or trucks to go with them?

Can't speak specifically for 1270 but I'm sure its like it is over here we need a truck and driver to go with. With the cost of keeping a Michigan truck on the road it seems more and more guys are selling their trucks and getting out of the biz.

RHP Logging

Yep. Nearly impossible to find independent haulers here too. The few I have known have either gotten out or are always thinking about it.
Buckin in the woods

SwampDonkey

A lot of trucking fleets here depend on hauling wood off Freehold (mill ground) and crown land (public land) for operators cutting wood. The rate is quite pour though hauling for mills, but the work is there. I know some guys who have worked 80 hrs, you can't keep that up before the health issues show up. I also know a lot of truckers here that have moved their trucking out west, way more money in it hauling out there. Don't know why, but if your not on a union in these parts your working for the minimum for some reason.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!