iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable in feed deck build

Started by Bandmill Bandit, January 13, 2017, 02:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandmill Bandit

Well the process has begun!

I have ordered steel and a few other components to start this build.

I will post pics as the pieces evolve.

Basic design is a 12' ish foot 3 strand deck, 2 live one slider.

Each strand will be made up of 2 X 6' rails of 1.5"x 6" high grade steel rectangle tube with sprockets/bearing at each end. Sprockets/bearings will be 1.5 hex shaft on the drive end.

The 6 stands will be 2" sched80 Galvinized pipe and will use the same jacks I used for my FAO upgrade on my mill. The whole system will knock down to be transported on the mill deck and in the back of the pick up.

Goal for knock down/setup is 30 +/- minutes

Width will be 8 inches wider than the loader arms on the mill and it will stand between 12 and 16 inches high with full FAO adjustment. Estimated weight is 600Lbs +/- 100 lbs. No piece will be over 100 lbs when disassembled. Estimated capacity approximately 30,000Lbs.

A double live roller system for centering adjustment of logs will be included on the mill end of the deck where the loader arms will grab the logs from. 

Drive has not been finalized but will likely be 12 volt electric.

Any input will be welcome as this project evolves.

the link show a pic of a similar system for a fire wood processor.
https://palax.fi/en/products/palax-midi         
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Gearbox

Take a look at my BT6870 processer deck ran by 12 volts . Harbor freight 2500 winch with one flange turned off and turned to fit a 1 3/16 . 1/4 key weld on sprocket &hub winch turns 30 RPM . I needed more power because of the lift added a second one .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!