iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MFPC

Started by Jeff, April 04, 2002, 06:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I spent the day in Lansing Tuesday in a meeting on communications at the invitation of the administrative director for the new council below. I don't have a lot that I can report about as yet, but will let you know more as this new council emerges.

NEW FOREST COUNCIL OPENS OFFICES
The Michigan Forest Products Council began operations in Lansing with a mission of promoting, protecting and sustaining a globally competitive forest products industry in Michigan.

"The Michigan Forest Products Council represents its members in public affairs and public relations matters, serves as a center for the exchange of ideas and disseminates information concerning the industry," said Steve HICKS, Acting Chairman of the Council¹s Board of Directors and President & CEO of J.M. Longyear, LLC.

The forest products industry, and related tourism and recreation, contributes over 200,000 jobs and $12 billion into the state¹s economy each year. In addition, Michigan¹s forest base encompasses nearly 19 million acres, of which 7 million acres are in public ownership.

Kevin KORPI, former Director of Environmental and Regulatory Affairs for the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, has been selected as executive director.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Jeff B.  Sounds like a challengling and worthwhile adventure.  It is always fun for me to be in on the root of a new beginning and help to set the tone for the future.  The best to you and the others involved in the venture.
Frank Pender

woodman

This web site has to be one of the best promotions. Looking at the map we come from everywere but all think about the same when it comes to forestey and loggen, and learn from whit this state is doing positively   setting the stand for outher states to follow.
Jim Cripanuk

Bud Man

Sounds like a tremendous responsibility Jeff ,congratulations on your invitation to participate, I believe you'll be a significant  influence on it's success !!  I know  Michigan will create a model that many, many states will be honored to follow and benefit.  
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Thank You Sponsors!