iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making a on site chain saw vice

Started by lopet, January 10, 2017, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

WV Sawmiller

Pretty neat trick. Got to hand it to those Scandinavians.

Another trick I have seen that came from that part of the world was to make a stove out of a piece of firewood. They took a dry pine or spruce log common to that region, cut to 2-3 feet long, stuck it upright in the snow then split the top end with a chainsaw down 6-8 inches, sprinkled tinder (sawdust, shavings, paper, etc) down into the split and lit it. The tinder caught and the reflected heat from the 4 quarters allowed it to burn quickly. They put a coffeepot or kettle on top of the log and it heated the water/tea/coffee very effectively. They could do the same thing by splitting the firewood with an ax into quarters and tying them back together.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

jmouton

that is pretty cool,  now i just have to remember it when i am in the woods
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

samandothers

rank

pretty cool but if it's -10 why can't we see his breath?

g_man

Quote from: rank on January 11, 2017, 10:17:25 PM
pretty cool but if it's -10 why can't we see his breath?

My exact thoughts too !         

The vise idea is neat. Probably will never use it but I appreciate the clever idea.

gg

DeerMeadowFarm

They taught us how to do this in Game Of Logging training. Pretty handy, as he said, if you are working in an area for a while.

Maine372

or if you dont have a pickup tailgate or tractor bucket to use as a filing bench. I travel in an suv and often struggle to find a place to file.

Thank You Sponsors!